GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
You literally only dislike Kulak cause it made it so your boy didn’t play cause he couldn’t even take Kulaks job. Sad.

Imagine Kulak had matured early and with his skating ability and was on the Broberg draft. Holland would have lost his mind like

shookt-shocked.gif

Reactions: CycloneSweep

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
It is sad that Kulak is useless, believe me I'm not celebrating it... so whatever f*** Kulak
Kulak is no world beater. But he mostly plays a decent heads up game. With the way salaries are going in this league 2.75 for a player like him is not bad at all. Broberg will be making almost double that for the next two seasons. No chance at all that he’s double the player. Even on his best night.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Kulak is no world beater. But he mostly plays a decent heads up game. With the way salaries are going in this league 2.75 for a player like him is not bad at all. Broberg will be making almost double that for the next two seasons. No chance at all that he’s double the player. Even on his best night.
every angle man every f***ing angle

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Not a very inspired game. Yeah I know, don't take much from preseason. But Nucks look to have improved with adding guys like Sprong and Debrusk in prime. I mean if Petey keeps being useless its still a legit line. Nucks have filled some pieces and Sprong particularly looked strong in all ends. Skinner, you didn't even notice him out there and frankly Janmark was awful out there, back to being regular season Janmark.

Oilers aren't scoring and defending abysmally.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I'm not sold on the theory that our D is worse. I would say at the very least the same and i dare say slightly better. Although preseason stats don't suggest that.
The D is slightly better. The forward coverage in ownzone is drastically worse. Team looks slower overall, as expected and getting beat to pucks a lot. Even offensively when it looks like we have something baking teams are being able to jump to recover. We're not quick. First line was making some bang bang plays in 1st period and then after that nothing. Without a Booch bomb, and a beauty, we don't even score.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
every angle man every f***ing angle

It’s a bad play by him. It shouldn’t define your evaluation of the player. I share many of your concerns about the blue line, (and how management is going to handle their LTIR options, how long they are going to wait to bring in a legit defender etc) but I think you are over-reacting a bit.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
So how do we feel the new faces looked tonight?

Arvidsson ok
Skinner meh
Stecher mediocre
Emberson meh
Podkolzin ok

Honestly Philp might have looked the best out of all the new faces and he's never played a game in the NHL.
I thought Stecher looked good and his confidence on the puck is being seen. Really like his play. RV was busy but as it happens with him now he just doesn't score. Wide open net puck comes right to him and his release so slow its an easy stop. Jeff Skinner was awful. Every game he's been nothing. Expect him to fire up in regular season but one would hope a new player to have more jump. Podz was awful. Just don't see what he does thats impactful at all and he's not a roleplayer. He's a topsix guy that never scores.

You’re weird.
This just in. haha.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The D is slightly better. The forward coverage in ownzone is drastically worse. Team looks slower overall, as expected and getting beat to pucks a lot. Even offensively when it looks like we have something baking teams are being able to jump to recover. We're not quick. First line was making some bang bang plays in 1st period and then after that nothing. Without a Booch bomb, and a beauty, we don't even score.
Team just isn't moving their legs enough. Too much standing around. I'm sure that'll change once the season starts. I'm not worried.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Team just isn't moving their legs enough. Too much standing around. I'm sure that'll change once the season starts. I'm not worried.
I'm a bit concerned that a team got slower with this roster. Especially if not prospects make the club. Guess we have to see what final lineup looks like but after a real long season last year its not the best of ideas to go with a real old lineup this year. I mean this is the time of year you'd be fresh and guys like Janmark looked like fossils out there. I'm a fan of his too saying that. I don't see a lot of speed in this lineup.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
that Hyman-RNH-Arvidsson line had some nice looks. The 2nd line was basically useless when they put McDavid and Draisaitl together in the past, Skinner and Arvidsson gives them a lot more options and flexibility with the top 6 configurations

Jeff Skinner needs to get going though, but he at least had a couple decent chances tonight, he’s been a ghost the rest of preseason

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
That was tough to watch..

Oilers had some good chances, good chances felt fairly even between the teams. Skinner got better as the game went on but ffs DIG IN earlier in games Stu.

Either way, can’t win games with 1 damn goal, just like game 7. This team should be scoring, we expected a suspect D, but the rest of the team has to out score or we’re not gonna be winning our division.

Also one final note.. I think “DIG IN” should became a chant. It can be our thing. Crowd can be quiet when we’re not leading games since the decade of darkness, we need more encouragement from the fans and “DIG IN” would just be great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad