GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
Honestly, with the super flat Oilers performance, I thought that the Canucks were lucky to get the win. Silovs played the best game of his life, and the Oil got a little unlucky.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Another half ass lackluster effort for the Oilers. Hard to believe they are ready to go to start the season.

Would be nice to get a good start for once. Not impressed with what I have seen in the preseason but I’m hopeful that they have a lot in the tank saved for the opener

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Clearly some chemistry issues between lines and d pairs. That’s what happens when you hang on to players who were never going to make it for too long. Stetcher and Kulak looked good. Nurse was decent. I’d swap Emberson and Stetcher. Skinner and RNH need to be swapped.

Already like Emberson way more than Ceci
Oh yeah. Much better puck mover and retriever. Asking him to balance out Nurse’s chaotic game is a lot to ask though

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
McDavid has asked to play all these preseason games. He took the pedal off his training. His puck handling and control are off. Not worried, he’ll shake off the rust

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nurse/Emberson positive xGF and no goals against…
04-antonio-banderas-interview-gq-september-2019-093019.gif

That’s all I asked for

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
This defensive core is not good enough. Emberson should be a #6 and Stetcher should be #7. The Oilers need to trade for a top 4 RHD

Reactions: TKB21

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Nurse/Emberson positive xGF and no goals against…
04-antonio-banderas-interview-gq-september-2019-093019.gif

That’s all I asked for
Meh … easily satisfied I guess. Emberson did not stand out in a positive way to me at all. Had one sequence early in the third where he botched a routine clear leading to several Canuck chances on goal while he stood on the wrong side of his man desperately reaching in with his stick.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
This defensive core is not good enough. Emberson should be a #6 and Stetcher should be #7. The Oilers need to trade for a top 4 RHD
I'm not sold on the theory that our D is worse. I would say at the very least the same and i dare say slightly better. Although preseason stats don't suggest that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad