GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We scored 1 goal in the most important game of the year
I see scoring as more of a flow of play thing, with forwards scoring more just because they are at the end of it. Better Dmen would have a bigger impact imo when it comes to dictating the flow of play

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I wonder what the chances are that Podkolzin becomes another Nichushkin.. starts his career really slow and then builds into a strong power forward. (minus the off ice stuff hopefully).

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
McDavid already not happy with something there from that shot on the bench going off the ice. Uninspired, listless play to close out preseason, certainly have to expect far better by the opener.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Sorry I guess. It's just that a lot of people seem to think that trades are on the table in the preseason and of course I'd think you'd be one of them with that post. I'd prefer to move on with what's on the table here. But if you are one of the many who believe that we are going to suffer until the trade deadline, then we have a lot in common actually.

I definitely don't buy into some possibility that there is an in house solution if we are talking about winning a cup
Sorry, I was too aggressive.

We are in agreement that in order to get a cup, something needs to get done on the D. I don't think we will suffer until the TDL, but I hope this management group is more proactive than previous ones and if we have a slow start, they try something earlier than the deadline.

Reactions: Mr Positive

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Offense be like:

>Easy zone entry
> pass
> pass
> pass
> pass when should’ve shot
> pass when should’ve shot