GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
All I’m asking is a semblance of giving a shit

Their last 3 preseasons have been dogshit which resulted in awful starts and playing catch up the rest of the year
Maybe they turn the switch for game 1, hopefully they do….but this preseason performance is subpar so far
They had a pretty good pre-season last year.

This whole pre-season myth about last year is after their start.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah. Single mistakes don’t bug me. Losing doesn’t bug me. It’s the trends that the team is forming and showing right now that is worrying.
Lots of fans saying it’s only preseason who cares.
I guarentee the coaching staff doesn’t agree.
Well yeah. This is he Nucks club that gave us grief all regular season and playoffs. Oilers usually take note of that sort of thing and you know theyr'e circling Nucks on calander this year but still this similar scoreline. I think the Oilers played better than Nucks, but goaltending going to be he difference in a lot of the matchup.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He gets paid by the word
he might have a grievance with the labor board later.

Zero chance hes making minimum wage if thats the case.

Nah, people criticized Woodys training camp the entire time
They were still winning and playing good, and the goalies were playing good.

People were criticizing how all the no-names were still playing games.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don’t know why anyone is confused by Skinner playing like garbage against the Nucks. Some players have some teams they just stink against, and that’s the Nucks for Skinner. The only games he’s won against them are the ones where the Oilers severely limit shots against.

However, the lack of finishing is once again a concern, and Leon’s coverage on goal 2 was nothing short of embarrassing.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
haha yeah, I'm agreeing.

Just showing two great preseasons that led to stinker seasons.
The last game against the canucks.

McDavid and Draisaitl took 3 strides total before the OT, and then they finally turned it on in the 3v3 and had like 15 chances. They're probably gaining more from the practices when they know the teams not trying to injure them.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad