GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
The result means jack sh** tonight (to Canuck fans a win will be huge on their part for some reason). I just want to see some effort out there. I don't blame the guys though. They have proved they can ramp it up when they want.

I still think going all the way to game 7 and losing takes something out of you to start the year.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I hope this means Brown isn’t starting the RS.

I think if these 2 (Emberson and Stetcher) show well then these are your starting 6 and Dermott is released. Dermott is too much like Stetcher so might as well have Brown as your 7.

But if one of them falter then maybe they sign Dermott and waive Brown.

Either way Brown has been by far the worst D this preseason and doesn’t remotely deserve a starters role.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think if these 2 (Emberson and Stetcher) show well then these are your starting 6 and Dermott is released. Dermott is too much like Stetcher so might as well have Brown as your 7.

But if one of them falter then maybe they sign Dermott and waive Brown.

Either way Brown has been by far the worst D this preseason and doesn’t remotely deserve a starters role.
I think they’re gonna sign Dermott regardless.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I’m slowly starting to care about hockey again.

Oddly still a little fatigued from the playoffs though. Anyone else feel that way?

I’m normally itching to watch regular games again. Don’t feel the same this year as we turn to October.

I’m sure 10 games in I’ll be back up to regular speed.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

Oddly still a little fatigued from the playoffs though. Anyone else feel that way?

I’m normally itching to watch regular games again. Don’t feel the same this year as we turn to October.

Same. There’s a distinct lack of lustre to the regular season.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I barely watched any of the pre season games, don't think I missed much. I'm in prime football mode right now, but I'm sure once our season starts I'll be right back into it. Especially once the weather turns colder.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Philp getting a last game look at 4C, if he has a strong game, you have to think it's his job.

View the Oilers projected lineup vs. Vancouver below:

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Podkolzin - Philp - Perry

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Emberson
Kulak - Stecher

Skinner
Rodrigue/Pickard

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It's so sad to see Canuck fans attempting to troll Oilers fans, only to be humbled when mentioning what they actually accomplished, which is a big fat

ZERO

View attachment 912347

They got their own 7th man banner! Most winningest fans around.

Oh, actually, did they take that #7 retirement back for some player that wanted to wear it? Nevermind!!

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
From the Canucks forum:

"Regardless of results , thanks goodness I don't have to live in a shithole like Edmonton"

My response:

"Regardless of results, thank goodness I go home to a house I OWN and not RENT"

"Thank goodness there are so many things [that I can't afford to do] in Vancouver while enjoying the overcast weather 90% of the year"

The novelty wears off, even as a visitor.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Those projected lines are what I'd roll into the regular season with the only adjustment I might make at this early stage is flipping RNH & Skinner or Podz & Janmark, if the lines don't appear to be clicking.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Just so we're all on the same page here...

We're thinking slow out the gates, yeah?

:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad