GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
HFOil crying about a bottom pair dman, who hasn't made the team, and can be waived with no penalty to the cap. I should have stayed away until the regular season started.

Im excited to see how the new pairings work out this year. Oilers needs someone to click with Nurse, I think one of them will work out better then Ceci. Dermott is an interesting first audition, I think Stetcher will be the one to win the job eventually.
Actually the concern many are identifying is all up the right side(except the first pairing), both third pairing and the seventh man. Combined, it’s a notably weaker group than at last season’s end.

But, as the season begins, some questions will be answered and management will do what’s necessary to shore things up. I have strong confidence in the GM, pro scouts and JJ.

It’s your choice to get hooked when you show up here or not. If you need to stay away until real fire is happening, see you later next week.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Actually the concern many are identifying is all up the right side(except the first pairing), both third pairing and the seventh man. Combined, it’s a notably weaker group than at last season’s end.

But, as the season begins, some questions will be answered and management will do what’s necessary to shore things up. I have strong confidence in the GM, pro scouts and JJ.

It’s your choice to get hooked when you show up here or not. If you need to stay away until real fire is happening, see you later next week.
Weaker is some aspects maybe, but stronger in others. You can't tell me Ceci or Vinny are better skaters, puck movers, or transition players than Emberson or Stetcher. They're bigger and more physical, and defend the front of the net better, but I wouldn't underestimate what a more mobile puck moving defence might look like for this forward group.

Now if Josh Brown is in the starting top 6 then you have a good argument.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Weaker is some aspects maybe, but stronger in others. You can't tell me Ceci or Vinny are better skaters, puck movers, or transition players than Emberson or Stetcher. They're bigger and more physical, and defend the front of the net better, but I wouldn't underestimate what a more mobile puck moving defence might look like for this forward group.

Now if Josh Brown is in the starting top 6 then you have a good argument.

I didn’t have much hate for Ceci’s game. I just didn’t think it was equivalent to the price point. Sometimes that happens. I too look forward to better puck movement, stretch passes etc..

That’s said, this D roster will hopefully look different later this season.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I'd say that Ceci was underrated too. Our biggest weakness got weaker and that is a concern

But I don't see Brown as an obstacle to greatness. If he were sent down, our weakness would be no different, or at least just marginally different

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I didn’t have much hate for Ceci’s game. I just didn’t think it was equivalent to the price point. Sometimes that happens. I too look forward to better puck movement, stretch passes etc..

That’s said, this D roster will hopefully look different later this season.
I didn't mind parts of his game, but his puck retrieval and zone exits were infuriating. They improved a bit as the year went on, but his underlying puck retrieval and controlled zone exit numbers were horrific. I'll always value a guy who can retrieve a dump in and make a good breakout pass over a guy who can't.

I agree though. This is a trial run to see what they need to add at the deadline.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I didn't mind parts of his game, but his puck retrieval and zone exits were infuriating. They improved a bit as the year went on, but his underlying puck retrieval and controlled zone exit numbers were horrific. I'll always value a guy who can retrieve a dump in and make a good breakout pass over a guy who can't.

I agree though. This is a trial run to see what they need to add at the deadline.
Yup. Puck retrieval was sometimes a sphincter tightener.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Incorrect. Estrogen is in animals and animal products. Isaflavone is what’s in soy (it’s the plant version of estrogen) bonds in almost the same way as estrogen does to the same receptors but like has very minimal effect compared to actual estrogen. Plus while it’s bonded to estrogen receptors it actually prevents estrogen from binding.

I like to bond with estrogen in a different capacity

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
HFOil crying about a bottom pair dman, who hasn't made the team, and can be waived with no penalty to the cap. I should have stayed away until the regular season started.

Im excited to see how the new pairings work out this year. Oilers needs someone to click with Nurse, I think one of them will work out better then Ceci. Dermott is an interesting first audition, I think Stetcher will be the one to win the job eventually.
It’s so sad to see people crying about it. Making up a problem and whining over it. Every stereotype of Hfoil is true. It’s not passion it’s stupidity.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'd say that Ceci was underrated too. Our biggest weakness got weaker and that is a concern

But I don't see Brown as an obstacle to greatness. If he were sent down, our weakness would be no different, or at least just marginally different
Don't confuse management incompetence for a moved player's value.

He was rated just fine and needed to go. He should have moved last year at the deadline, but Holland likes his big guys.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

He was rated just fine and needed to go. He should have moved last year at the deadline, but Holland likes his big guys.
I agree Ceci had to go but he's better than the #4 options we have now. I guess we will see the season starts, but there is danger we go from a guy who treaded water there to one who sinks

The team is basically on pause until we make that move for a real #4. We did a good thing by clearing the space needed to make that addition. But imo there is pain to come

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Seattle lines

McCann-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Stephenson-Burakovsky
Tolvanen-Wright-Bjorkstrand
Tanev-Gourde-Winterton

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Montour
Evans-Borgen

Grubauer
Daccord

Reactions: brentashton

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Seattle lines

McCann-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Stephenson-Burakovsky
Tolvanen-Wright-Bjorkstrand
Tanev-Gourde-Winterton

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Montour
Evans-Borgen

Grubauer
Daccord
That lineup is deep. Their issue has always been at the top of the depth chart but I'm jealous about their bottom half of the roster.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

He was fine. Not 4.5 mil fine though. The guys had carved a very decent career in the NHL and was never the worst dman on the Oilers when he was here.

I can agree he’s not exactly Jonathan Huberdeau though in terms of high impact player…

That disappoints. He’s better.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Why in tf isn't Emberson paired with Nurse? It's moronic that those 2 have yet to play a game together yet them might be partners to start the season. Knob is channeling his inner Woodcroft.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Why in tf isn't Emberson paired with Nurse? It's moronic that those 2 have yet to play a game together yet them might be partners to start the season. Knob is channeling his inner Woodcroft.

I wouldn't go that far. He's played a few games already. He might be banged up.

I'd expect that he's been paired up as much as possible with Nurse in practice. That being said if the game on Friday has them apart or not playing we can probably start asking much harder questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad