GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Will post lines as confirmed.

(Gregor); Perry, Podkolzin, Emberson, Stecher and Pickard skated this morning so, tonight's lineup is likely:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Caggiula-Philp-Ryan

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-J.Brown

Skinner
Rodrigue

Thread goes live at 7:30

Last edited:

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Alberta and Saskatchewan unite!

1666411698289429.png

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

About time. Now start preseason and training camp right after Sept long weekend, the season mid September and end the season no later than June 1.

84 game season also solves the uneven schedule within the division as you play 5 opponents 4 times and 2 opponents only 3. This would mean every team within your division you play 4 times.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Color me crazy but this is what I would have run earlier in camp just to see how a more balanced roster with younger faster legs looks and putting a player like Lavoie where he might be more effective than rotting on a 4th line. More balance and more effective bottom 6.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Lavoie Draisaitl Arvidsson
Skinner Henrique Perry
Janmark Philp Brown

I think KK fell into the same trap test driving way too many players who had zero chance to make this team resulting in not enough sea trials for legit camp hopefuls. Now we have 2 games for the preset summer lines to find chemistry so it’s too late to run the above.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I think KK fell into the same trap test driving way too many players who had zero chance to make this team resulting in not enough sea trials for legit camp hopefuls. Now we have 2 games for the preset summer lines to find chemistry so it’s too late to run the above.
I disagree...look at the Canucks team that was here Monday night, mostly AHLers and very few vets, and they only have 1 more pre-season game

Tochett is running a similar training camp and it didn't affect their start last year

Reactions: nabob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I disagree...look at the Canucks team that was here Monday night, mostly AHLers and very few vets, and they only have 1 more pre-season game

Tochett is running a similar training camp and it didn't affect their start last year

Don’t take this the wrong way but how does this years camp have anything to do with last years start in Vancouver?

I get the preseason is mostly a waste of time but the Oilers seemed to have cemented their roster in the summer as many teams do but given the many new players they’d have tried a few more things with that roster over mucking about for 5 games.

Either way it is what it is, curious to see how the lineup shakes out this week.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Don’t take this the wrong way but how does this years camp have anything to do with last years start in Vancouver?

I get the preseason is mostly a waste of time but the Oilers seemed to have cemented their roster in the summer as many teams do but given the many new players they’d have tried a few more things with that roster over mucking about for 5 games.

Either way it is what it is, curious to see how the lineup shakes out this week.

We will see what we ultimately end up with.

But if we end up with a very predictable roster, then yeah its fair to question why time was wasted on so many players who had no chance or not playing actual line combinations more.

But if we actually see some surprise than maybe its less questionable.

That being said, I do think its mostly a problem of just too many games. I don’t think its wise to play your line up too much in pointless games. But with the way this team starts seasons, I am always a little worried about not being ready to start the season. Should be like 4 preseason games.

I personally just don’t think it’s good to start the expected roster when there are stand outs because it defeats the whole point of a training camp. If guys like Philp, Lavoie don’t make it, I will be disappointed. I think it sends the wrong message personally.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Color me crazy but this is what I would have run earlier in camp just to see how a more balanced roster with younger faster legs looks and putting a player like Lavoie where he might be more effective than rotting on a 4th line. More balance and more effective bottom 6.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Lavoie Draisaitl Arvidsson
Skinner Henrique Perry
Janmark Philp Brown

Line up looks good but I would swap RNH and Skinner. McDavid is starting to round out his game that he doesn't need RNH "2-way game". Also Skinner and Perry on one line is a defensive nightmare for the Oilers

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Line up looks good but I would swap RNH and Skinner. McDavid is starting to round out his game that he doesn't need RNH "2-way game". Also Skinner and Perry on one line is a defensive nightmare for the Oilers
I think our lines will look something like this by game 10

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Arvidsson
Podkolzin-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Philp-Lavoie
Ryan-Perry

Should be lots of rotating in and out guys that go cold.

Primarily though I don't like the defensive chops of a Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson line and putting RNH on that LW gives them a conscience, and all Skinner will have to do on that McDavid-Hyman line is find soft spots to shoot from

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
I agree, but having RNH there allows McDavid (or Draisatl) to "go for it" a bit more, knowing Nuge can cover for them. I am concerned about the defensive play of a Skinner-Draisatl-Arvidson line though, so maybe you're right that that would be the better place for Nuge

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
From Gregor;

Perry, Podkolzin, Emberson, Stecher and Pickard skated this morning so, tonight's lineup is likely:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Caggiula-Philp-Ryan

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-J.Brown

Skinner
Rodrigue

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
No reason for Cagguila to still be up here this late in the preseason and Nurse-Emberson should be getting reps starting now. Dermott is never going to play with Nurse, that should be more of a Game 3 or 4 preseason pairing, not what is it? Game 7 now? These last two games should be full lineups and where's Lavoie?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No reason for Cagguila to still be up here this late in the preseason and Nurse-Emberson should be getting reps starting now. Dermott is never going to play with Nurse, that should be more of a Game 3 or 4 preseason pairing, not what is it? Game 7 now? These last two games should be full lineups and where's Lavoie?
I think because Lavoie is hurt and other guys might be a bit nicked up here and there is why Cagguila is still here.

Lavoie got hurt in his last preseason game I believe.

Reactions: CupofOil

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

About time. Now start preseason and training camp right after Sept long weekend, the season mid September and end the season no later than June 1.

84 game season also solves the uneven schedule within the division as you play 5 opponents 4 times and 2 opponents only 3. This would mean every team within your division you play 4 times.

US teams would prefer even a later start to the season than we currently have, due to the competition with football down south. And we know who stirs the drink, and it’s not Canadian teams.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Everyone goes back to work after Labour Day, kids go to school etc.

Training camp should start the day after Labour Day and the season should start on Sept 15th with the Cup finals played in May.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad