GDT: Preseason Game 6: Red Wings vs leafs 10/3/24 7pm et

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Is this the first time you’ve watched the preseason? Genuine question.
Right, been a member since 2009 and obviously have never watched preseason.

While there’s not a direct correlation as a team, you can definitely judge sample sizes on wheat we’re seeing. When your A squad is losing against farm teams, it’s crazy to pretend there’s no issue.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Weren’t you describing when this happened a few nights ago as a one off?
The rangers went 1-5 in preseason last year and then won the presidents trophy. I’m no Yzerman boot licker and I think he’s made some horrific decisions but losing it over the preseason is legitimately insane

If we’re 5 games into the season and they’re getting wiped consistently, I’ll be right there with you bud

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Please don’t be angry at me when I revive this thread and the Pens thread if we also look like shit when the season starts since everyone here is so confident that A squad getting torched is of no relevance.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
The rangers went 1-5 in preseason last year and then won the presidents trophy. I’m no Yzerman boot licker and I think he’s made some horrific decisions but losing it over the preseason is legitimately insane

If we’re 5 games into the season and they’re getting wiped consistently, I’ll be right there with you bud
I’d be curious to see if any of those games included their A squad getting destroyed by the Marlines or Scranton Penguins

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I’d be curious to see if any of those games included their A squad getting destroyed by the Marlines or Scranton Penguins
I mean just 2 days ago the Avs team with Makar, Rantanen and MacKinnon lost 6-1 to Vegas B squad. It happens every year all the time and means absolutely nothing.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
not ready to write-off the entire season like some people here are...

but come on...this is somewhat worrisome, no? The A squad got embarrassed by the Penguins AHLers, and now can't score against the Marlies..?

Reactions: ShanahanMan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad