GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Feels like players are looking around seeing guys like Laine/Doughty go down for nothing games and aren't putting themselves in any situations to get injured.
feels like?

is this your first time watching preseason? No one gives 100% let alone veterans. it's about going through the motions and getting reps in. Nothing else. The coach isn't coaching to win, the coach is evaluating players in positions they don't usually play in and getting a view of the players that will be on the team.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not really concerned about the 0 goals since the offence will show up when it counts.

Definitely a bit worried about how poorly these depth defencemen are showing against the Canucks B squad forecheck though. Not giving me a ton of confidence based on what I'm seeing.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Against a bunch of AHL plugs they should be showing a bit better, especially nearing the end of pre-season. D is going to be an issue again I see, especially the bottom pairing. Man, I feel for Kulak depending on who he gets to babysit. Poor bastard will end up having to cover off for dregs like Brown.
The D wasnt an issue last year.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Can someone tell me how you take a team seriously that does not have a name? Like how long do they need to come up with one?
Even worse is how they picked a temporary placeholder name that will have to be changed when they do pick their terrible final name.

Like just pick Utah Salty Yetis and get it over with.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The D wasnt an issue last year.
Was a headache for Knob pretty much the entire year. Crying for help demoting Ceci to the 3rd pair mid-season. After all the headaches we still have to watch Nurse and Ceci look like dopes to get scored on 3 minutes into game 1 of the finals. Ends up having to throw Broberg into the fire to try to mitigate Nurse, and only works because Skinner does backflips.

D is still a huge issue that needs to be fixed.

Won't be this year either, tbh.

Bouchard will improve, Emberson looks like an improvement over Ceci, and Stecher is equal to Desharnais.

I still would like us to upgrade RD for the playoffs, but we'll be ok.

Hope Emberson works, but can't take him for granted already. Hardest job on this team right now is 2nd pair RD, and Emberson hasn't even played a full NHL season yet. Not half a season even. Bouch being better doesn't save us from issues Knob had to juggle all last season with the bottom 4.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Won't be this year either, tbh.

Bouchard will improve, Emberson looks like an improvement over Ceci, and Stecher is equal to Desharnais.

I still would like us to upgrade RD for the playoffs, but we'll be ok.

We will absolutely have the room to do so with all that accrual happening this season

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Was a headache for Knob pretty much the entire year. Crying for help demoting Ceci to the 3rd pair mid-season. After all the headaches we still have to watch Nurse and Ceci look like dopes to get scored on 3 minutes into game 1 of the finals. Ends up having to throw Broberg into the fire to try to mitigate Nurse, and only works because Skinner does backflips.

D is still a huge issue that needs to be fixed.

Hope Emberson works, but can't take him for granted already. Hardest job on this team right now is 2nd pair RD, and Emberson hasn't even played a full NHL season yet. Not half a season even. Bouch being better doesn't save us from issues Knob had to juggle all last season with the bottom 4.
You would think for having so many D issues, The results would match that.

But they didnt.

The Oilers were a top 10 defensive team in the NHL last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad