GDT: Preseason Game 5: Red Wings at penguins 10/1/24 7pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
THE PENGUINS SEASON IS SO LOST WHEN THEY WILL LOSE RED WINGS CARBAGE PLAYERS LIKE THAT.

They missed the playoffs and their biggest offseason acquisition was Matt Grzelcyk. 2 yr extension for Sid means no tank for 3 more years. Gonna be a long rebuild for Pens and Caps.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Watson wanting a fight and nobody coming to the call. Lol

Not so much the fight part, but I would take the Watson that played tonight as the 13th forward on this team. He finished the game with 12 (!!!!!) hits and is actually good defensively. I think the issue with tough guys in the past like Kostin and Smith is that they kinda sucked on the defensive end, and for where they play in the lineup Lalonde wants a guy he can count on to not get scored on. Kostin should still be here but he didnt have a chance of playing PK which is what I think Lalonde wants in a tough guy

That Danielson kid looks damn good. He's definitely making it hard to assign him to GR.

I think Danielson has looked really good, but he hasnt done anything really to make me say he should skip the AHL completely. Kasper has defintely out played him. Danielson has shown some really, really good flashes though

Lombardi is a 4th rounder. Kind of Tampa special, guy outside from 1-2 rounds like Point or Cirelli.

Last night watching the game I was thinking the same thing about a tampa guy, but I was thinking he reminded me of Tyler Johnson. Smaller, 2 way forward thats really tenacious on the back check and gets a lot of takeaways off of it

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I think Danielson has looked really good, but he hasnt done anything really to make me say he should skip the AHL completely. Kasper has defintely out played him. Danielson has shown some really, really good flashes though
Don't read me wrong. Never said he shouldn't spend time in GR. Just saying he's making a case to stick around. Maybe he gets a ten game audition before being sent down, but ultimately I think he'll be with GR for the majority of the season.

Reactions: heyfolks

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I'll save my good, bad and ugly for the regular season, and try to be all sunshine.

Husso - First star. WOW, he was GREAT.
MBN - No reason for that guy to go back to the SEL unless it is a maturity, save the body while adding mass thing.
Ajo - Was he not the best D man on the ice for Detroit?
Wallinder - That guy looks like he will make it as well.
Nate - How about this for a camp. You have Kane and Tarasenko on your wings and play center against Crosby and Malkin. From Juniors to this is an amazingly difficult transition.
Watson - Hope he clears or sticks.

ROSTER - Kenny and Mick were laying out that all vet, no rookie lineup (other than Ed and Ajo). Without moving a few vets, it looks like they will stack GR this season.

Mickey - He was definitely in off season form last night. I don't think he had a stat, historical or current, correct all night. Someone get that guy a space heater and heated clothing, including gloves. Ken Daniels - No one better.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Based off the preseason so far I'd want the opening roster to be:

DBC-Larkin-Raymond
Kane-Compher-Tarasenko
Berggren-Kasper-Rasmussen
Watson-Copp-Veleno
Fischer/Motte

Johansson-Seider
Edvinsson-Chiarot
Gustafsson-Petry
Maatta/Holl

Kasper should be able to take Compher's spot after like 3-4 months.
Need to get rid of Holl as he is truly next-level useless.

Watson should be on the team as he provides toughness that we sorely lack and he's actually a decent hockey player.

GR looks something like:
MBN-Danielson-Mazur
Soderblom-Dries-Lombardi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad