GDT: PRESEASON GAME 5: New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers Oct 1 7 PM TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I have no idea how you look at Edstrom and don’t keep him on the roster going forward.

Hey guys unsure about your depth chart but any chance Othmann sticks in NYR this season??! Or will it be AHL again
He absolutely belongs in the AHL, he’s not ready. Maybe he gets a shot later in the season but right now he’s out of his depth

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Yeah man Edstrom and his 16 points last year is totally better than Othmann scoring another 2 points today.

Quit with your b.s. Othmann is a future top six player and deserves to play on the third line next year instead of Kakko.

This is his second multi point game in 3 games. It's obvious his offense is already better than Kakko.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Edstrom looks bigger, stronger and he's putting up unexpected offense but he looks like he knows what he's doing. The lineups we're facing aren't the greatest though. That said he seems to understand that getting his big body to the net can get him goals and points.

Mancini so far it's kind of the same deal. He had two/three goals total for his three years at Nebraska Omaha and 0 with Hartford after turning pro last year but he's scored in the rookie tournament against the Flyers and twice more in preseason and he's hit iron at least once and it looks like he can contribute some offense.

To me these are the two outstanding rookies in preseason games for us.

Rempe technically still a rookie but we have a good idea what he can do. He had a nice game tonight I thought. His skating has definitely improved though there's still some awkwardness...not nearly as much though.

Othmann's had some good moments. The first game against the Devils though he was awful the first two periods. He's played all 5 games so far. Berard has only played 3 but from what I've seen I like him a bit better right now.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
So how do you pronounce "Garand?"

According to this guy it's pronounced:

"G.A. - RAND"

I'm gonna go with that.

IMG_20241001_214719.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Edstrom looks bigger, stronger and he's putting up unexpected offense but he looks like he knows what he's doing. The lineups we're facing aren't the greatest though. That said he seems to understand that getting his big body to the net can get him goals and points.

Mancini so far it's kind of the same deal. He had two/three goals total for his three years at Nebraska Omaha and 0 with Hartford after turning pro last year but he's scored in the rookie tournament against the Flyers and twice more in preseason and he's hit iron at least once and it looks like he can contribute some offense.

To me these are the two outstanding rookies in preseason games for us.

Rempe technically still a rookie but we have a good idea what he can do. He had a nice game tonight I thought. His skating has definitely improved though there's still some awkwardness...not nearly as much though.

Othmann's had some good moments. The first game against the Devils though he was awful the first two periods. He's played all 5 games so far. Berard has only played 3 but from what I've seen I like him a bit better right now.
Well said, I pretty much agree 100%.

Mancini doesn't quite look the top-4 part to me yet, but it looks like there's a player there--one who's probably good enough to start the year with the team and who's still got plenty of muscle and reps to add to a solid toolkit.

Think that any/all of them could start in the AHL and it wouldn't be a bad thing, but Edstrom and Mancini look ready for more. Only thing with Mancini is I don't love the idea of a pairing with he and Jones right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad