GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Habs vs Sens 7pm Est TSN & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't really get how people think this is going to be an issue when the puck drops for real? :huh:
It just isn't.

Arber Xhekaj was not sent down to Laval last season because of any type of play involving him fighting or backing up his mates.
He was sent down because of the hooks and hold and high sticks that resulted from his over-committing.
It's absurd how many people think/thought otherwise. Then when he came back and fought less we eventually find out about his shoulder.
It wasn't team orders people like you thought it was.
It was/is all related to DISCIPLINE.

I'm not sure how you're out here saying people are absurd and attacking their opinions when there's ample evidence of AX discipline and decision making, being a legit issue.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What dumb takes did I make that weren't factual???

How can this be a question of right or wrong, when it's an opinion?

I didn't like Xhekaj's reaction yesterday and I feel he takes his "Sherrif" persona too much at heart and sometimes forgets that he's a pretty good hockey player before that.

What is wrong about that?

And once more, I don't care about stuff you remembered about me, or whatever recollection you have, did it ever occur to you that you may be wrong??!?

Like last night telling me to GTFO and then waxing poetically about me not being polite.

Yes you told me to GTFO because I didn't rate Xhekaj's response...how is that not personal? Do you know what GTFO means? WHy you tell someone who just stated his opinion, respectfully I might add, to GTFO?

As for your mental health, again, once again, i'm talking about Arber Xhekaj...you keep talking about your personal feelings for me and my history here.

So I told you to go talk to shrink...I don't take that back, I couldn't careless what you think about me. I'm here to talk hockey, not people's personalities.

GO back and look at my original take that you commented and on YOUR response...then come back here and tell me who can't admit when they're wrong.

I match energy, if you keep it respectful with me...i'll do the same, if you want to get mouthy, i'll do the same too. It's pretty simple for me.
If you want to talk hockey get a clue. I see what Arber did as completely necessary you called it and him dumb.
End of story. I could care less about you or your opinions what I do care about is what his team mates are saying and why they are saying it.

I've used "GTFO" in the same context as someone saying "that's sick" many times as have others.
If you found it offensive I will apologize but don't think for a minute I will respect anything else that you posted.
BYE

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
if you want to talk hockey get a clue.
Perfect example...don't expect me to be respectful when you make comments like this.

I'm perfectly find talking hockey with whomever, some people agree with me, some don't...that's life.

I been posting here since 2003 and i'll keep posting, you don't phase me man lol

Easy work

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
PK & PP are huge concerns going into the season. Good teams have good specialty teams.
Habs have 6 GA on the PK in pre-season, 4 last game only and Ottawa mostly just exploited Mailloux there. Oh and Habs played 8 more minutes of PK than anyone in pre-season so far...

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Hutson won't get injured too much, he is incredibly aware on the ice, you saw how he avoided being sandwiched by two Leafs players.

I'm more worried about players who don't have that awareness. And it's not just about the size but about the teams willingness to defend each other.

Michkov is small but quite sturdy, I don't think he will have trouble staying healthy. I would prefer Michkov to CC for that reason.

Wait what? LOL
Which is why, CC should have been dealt for a RHD and instead draft Michkov.

That is the "biggest" mistake Hugo has done to date.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If you want to talk hockey get a clue. I see what Arber did as completely necessary you called it and him dumb.
Wrong I called what he did dumb.
End of story. I could care less about you or your opinions what I do care about is what his team mates are saying and why they are saying it.
That must be why you responded to my post and haven't stopped talking about me since? I woke up and had you in my mentions 😂😂.

Who are you kidding lol
I've used "GTFO" in the same context as someone saying "that's sick" many times as have others.
If you found it offensive I will apologize but don't think for a minute I will respect anything else that you posted.
BYE
The mods deleted your post, clearly they found it was offensive.

I personally couldn't careless. Nor do I care if you don't respect anything else I post, I don't post here for @Rapala or for your respect and companionship 😂😂😂

Have a take on Arber Xhekaj or keep it movin’…

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Oh yeah, he went over Xhekaj and probably injured his shoulder. I forgot about this play. Maybe he injured it training and doesn't want the surgery? But, this could end up as a Norris situation for them.
He injured it in a game prior to this one. This might have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. I hope it’s nothing too serious but he was agitated when going back to the dressing room. Something was off.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Habs have 6 GA on the PK in pre-season, 4 last game only and Ottawa mostly just exploited Mailloux there. Oh and Habs played 8 more minutes of PK than anyone in pre-season so far...
I'm in two different worlds when I look at our special teams.
How much is systemic and how much is personnel?
I hate that the main strategy on our PK seems to be having our defensemen block shots as opposed to blocking out or tying up.
It's ridiculous when we allow players to get behind us with enough time and space to not only set up a deal table but to actually deal the cards.
Mike Johnson brought up a very good point I've mentioned numerous times. Not many of our players can make plays under duress.
This gets magnified on special teams either when trying to clear the zone or to make plays on the PP including defeating net front coverage.
Many have wondered how can you find success with a passive PP confronting a passive PK in practice?

Reactions: morhilane

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Our even strength play isn't too bad. But man we really need special teams improvement. That coaching consultant we hired, Grillo I think his name was - any chance he can help with this?

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I've made a error and watched the sens board. How can some peoples can be so out of touch with their claims, like if we couldn't see the replay of what happened:rolleyes::rolleyes:

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
NyQuil has not taken a single minute off crying about this since last night, it’s actually hilarious
Yup. The guy keep making claims who are so false like if we would be stuck in the 80 with no replay so we could not fact chek him. It's sad and funny at the same time.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
He's probably not even a Dr...
Just that Insiderrrrrrr guy with a different account.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Targeting Neymar was the thing to do. Sorry. But not sorry. Nilan made a living doing the same, go ask Rick Middleton. I can ASSURE you that the Hens star players will tell their runts to stop taking runs at their star counterparts. Not publicly, but in the plane ride back home.
does this mean dach is a star player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad