GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Habs vs Sens 7pm Est TSN & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Nope, everyone in Habs room shook Xhekaj's hand. Struble said it post-game, they all respect X. If Greig hadn't wimped out on fighting Pezz chances, X doesn't go after Stuzz.

Crookshank is just a whiny, little nobody.

To me, Crookshank is Hermione’s cat in Harry Potter.

• Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Why all the hate for Marty ? We look way cleaner defensively. We did not have a complete line up and after 1 week in a half of bad powerplay we decide he is out of his league ?

Most of the good potential players are developing fine under him and even some vets are doing better.

Let him progress with the team. Just the fact that players actually want to play for him and there is talk around the league of how it’s good to be Habs player is proof that he is doing an exceptional job.

Stop focusing on the now. He is progressing at the same pace as his team.

I like MSL, but we won't improve all that much if special teams suck, which, right now, both do.... again.

Both PP & PK finished bottom of the league last year. Both need to be in top 20 to see a significant points improvement. If they're both bottom 10 again expect another lottery pick.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I’m not watching live but they call 5 min go to the replay and down grade it to 2min… how does that happen if it wasn’t a hit to the head it was still high, late coming for the blind side Dach is already engaged with someone else that exactly the type of hit you don’t want in the game even if you don’t get the head. ref they try to cool things down calling a penalty on Pezzetta that isn’t helping the ref saw what happen and know what is coming… Xhekaj hit was not good especially since he kind of leave is feet (and if there isn’t the Dach incident I would hate it) Reilly hit was not good and he had plenty of chance to answer the bell he didn’t I actually don’t have a issue with it if other player are start thinking twice before taken liberties on our player… But the referees and the NHL is a total joke… I don’t remember ever seeing so much dirty play and disrespect for opponents and the unwritten code ever and it on the NHL all these year of not holding people accountable or those joke 2 games suspension not suspending the act or intent but the consequences…

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Keep him. He's sneaky in front of the net & has good hands. I think starting him on Dach's wing is fine. If Dach or Dvorak gets injured, or both, then both Newhook & Kapanen gives us better options at center than picking a guy like Colin White off waivers.

Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak, Evans, Newhook & Kapanen at least, finally, give us some center depth.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It’s amusing to read the reactions on arber from sens and leafs fans. Legitimately terrified of the player and hate him. We love ❤️ it.
Fans of Teams with the historical rep of Boston or Philly would absolutely kill to have him

Have sens fans been crying that arber hurt Brady too?

Is Brady hurt? I mean he jumped Xhekaj. It didn't look like anything.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
The craziest thing about the Xhekaj hit is that if he would've timed his hit better and got full contact on Stuzle's chest or shoulder, he would've completely destroyed him on the initial impact and then Stuzle would've been sent crashing into the boards very hard.

The way the hit went down might've actually been the better outcome for Stuzle.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't get why everyone's so up in arms about Xhekaj's hit?
To me it looked like he only made chest and glove contact, then Tkachuk got himself hurt on the follow up lol.
Much of it is on the media.
Mike Johnson got it right initially but then he got it wrong because of the bad angle they kept replaying.
Then RDS started taking potshots at Xhekaj as they are wont to do,
We then get the reactionary posts to that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: BergevinBurner

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Sens fans gonna feel so freaking stupid when they see that new angle haha. This makes the call from the refs that much worse. I wonder if they had access to that angle.

That's why Xhekaj was clapping, he knows the hit barely connected smh

Reactions: Gustave

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I like MSL, but we won't improve all that much if special teams suck, which, right now, both do.... again.

Both PP & PK finished bottom of the league last year. Both need to be in top 20 to see a significant points improvement. If they're both bottom 10 again expect another lottery pick.
Funny enough I said I was more concerned about our inabiity to kill a penalty than the Xhekaj hit.
I got ridiculed mercilessly by a regular. :cry:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Sens fans gonna feel so freaking stupid when they see that new angle haha. This makes the call from the refs that much worse. I wonder if they had access to that angle.

That's why Xhekaj was clapping, he knows the hit barely connected smh
Some of our fans should feel freaking stupid for the way they reacted to the entire episode.
Mr. @*** I don't want to tell you I told you so but I told you so.

I'm not sure he did either but I think he clearly attempted a headshot and I would guess it has a direct link with the team's mental state currently.
He clearly DID NOT.

Reactions: JIMVINNY and FLHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad