GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Habs vs Sens 7pm Est TSN & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Sens went quiet after Xhekaj hit Stutzle. That's how you answer. You don't target the plugs, you target their best players too. Eye for an eye.
Man, the kiddos on this forum were not blessed by the old time hockey we saw where THAT was the rule on the ice.

Nilan used to do that all the time. And it worked, because the stars eventually get the message across to the meatheads to stop targeting the other team’s stars. If the officials can’t police, that is how you do it. Especially in pre-season games.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I mean, whatever happened last Saturday didn't prevent tonight's shenanigans, did it?

EDIT: I mean Dach being hit high
Targeting Neymar was the thing to do. Sorry. But not sorry. Nilan made a living doing the same, go ask Rick Middleton. I can ASSURE you that the Hens star players will tell their runts to stop taking runs at their star counterparts. Not publicly, but in the plane ride back home.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Man, the kiddos on this forum were not blessed by the old time hockey we saw where THAT was the rule on the ice.

Nilan used to do that all the time. And it worked, because the stars eventually get the message across to the meatheads to stop targeting the other team’s stars. If the officials can’t police, that is how you do it. Especially in pre-season games.
Exactly man, this is what it was back then. Not saying we should go back to those times but we got two straight games of absolute BS plays on our stars. WTF are they supposed to do, say « Oh well? »

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I thought the hit on Dach was fine. Not fine as in you don't need to respond, but fine as in within the boundaries of the game. Unlike the Laine knee.

Xhekaj could have creamed Stutzle cleanly if he had timed it better.

Struble looked very good.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Scared/Intimidated, really, doesn't matter how we call it.

While I have no issue with what Wifi did, saying it quieted the other team when that hit also coincide with the point the game turned into the Sens' favor is a bit of a stretch for me.
Dont care how the game went after. All I know is the chippyness settled down. Whether it was the score or the hit it happened.

I gaurentee you they took notice. Frankly, it was a thing of beauty to see him hand out that receipt.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I thought the hit on Dach was fine. Not fine as in you don't need to respond, but fine as in within the boundaries of the game. Unlike the Laine knee.

Xhekaj could have creamed Stutzle cleanly if he had timed it better.

Struble looked very good.

I agree with you that Arber needs to keep practicing the crush Stutzle at the blue line maneuver until it has been perfected.

nod-kermit-nod.gif

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Imma just point this out for people that says MSL doesn't want their players to fight or f*** around ; Right after the hit on Dach, MSL goes to Pezzetta and he talks to him while Pezz has his eyes wide open like he just did 2 line of co**ine, Pezz nods his heads in agreement with what MSL tells him.
Pezz jumps on the ice right after and invite Greig and others to dance, they all refuse. MSL clearly told him to go in but not do anything stupid and just randomly jump a guy.

Greig refuses to engage and then at the end of the period both teams meet in the middle where clearly the Habs players tells the Sens to keep their head up that they will f*** their stars players too and that put fire to Jenik, Tkachuk and other players who are barking but not doing anything else. Habs clearly told them something to lit that fire.

2nd period starts, Greig still refuses to drop'em. They have made their choice.

Xhakej goes to destroy Stutzle but missed him. In good karma's fashion, Stuztle hurts himself with his own stick on the hit and Tkachuk hurts himself while jumping Xhakej.
Chabot is then nowhere to be seen for the rest of the game for ''preventive measure''. Go figure.

If the message wasn't clear before the game; now it clearly is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad