GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Habs vs Sens 7pm Est TSN & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Time for Roy to show up if he wants top 6 minutes. Disappointing showing so far.
If he is absent again, send him down, he isn’t anything special and should not think his spot is a lock

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I know people are upset with Roy's performance but I'm not. Guy has some serious skill and IQ, doesn't need to be balls to the walls every shift and do aimless skating. His effort and skating may seem very poor, yet he frequently gets the puck and is in the right position for a good scoring chance. Looking forward for him to be away from Dvorak/Anderson, they make everyone look so much worse.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Would have love Ti-Louis to try Struble on the right. But thats another thing he cant see.

I much prefer a third pairing of Xhekaj-Struble than having the Baron there.
Haven't we tried Strubs there a couple of times this preseason?

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
If Lane isn't on pp1 I'm done after the first

edit: Nevermind just saw the lineup , hard pass
This isn't aimed at you specifically... but this type of thing is hilarious. So many people here and other places saying "what a bad line-up, pass!"

BUT

Then they'll have 300 opinions on our prospects that they... don't want to watch lol

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Went from being the most excited I’ve been during a pre season for as long as I can remember, to not giving a shit - real quick.
Still exciting. Being down Laine sucks but whatever. We're still moving in the right direction

Reactions: Natey

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
This isn't aimed at you specifically... but this type of thing is hilarious. So many people here and other places saying "what a bad line-up, pass!"

BUT

Then they'll have 300 opinions on our prospects that they... don't want to watch lol
Nah I get it , just grumpy from our last game , and only Kap and Engstrom really interest me this game , I also like to watch some of these guys in their own leagues sometimes like a real loser so I can afford myself a little leeway here :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Natey

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Nah I get it , just grumpy from our last game , and only Kap and Engstrom really interest me this game , I also like to watch some of these guys in their own leagues sometimes like a real loser so I can afford myself a little leeway here :laugh::laugh:
Haha yeah, it wasn't aimed at you specifically. More at the group of people who are VERY vocal about prospects but you can tell they don't actually watch them... ever.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Arber is the only dude who plays hard mean scary minutes. Being big and playing big are two completely different animals.
Slaf's size is offset by Caufield's lack of size. Dach's size looks awesome but to date has been fragile. Laine and Reinbacher along with Barron have size but no inherent meanness. They are trying to get Barron to play with an edge and it is working to some extent but you love the players who just have it in spades. How many players do we have that the opposition will look at and go f*** I hate playing against that prick?
It’s not the 70’s anymore. Guys are bigger all around and that style of play doesn’t really hold up anymore. I wouldn’t call Mcdavid or Draisitl mean, yet they get 100 points a year. Matthew’s scored 60 and he’s the biggest wuss. There’s really not many mean and talented players left. Yes, I know you’ll come up with examples of course.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So... I am trying to master any kind of excitement not just for tonight's game but for the season in general. I am missing something. Maybe anything to be excited about. I don't know. I've never seen air of excitement deflated from the fan base so quickly. It's quite uncanny.

Reactions: FLHabs

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
What tickles my frontal lobe is the absence of Anderson from the starting lineup.
The potential players forming the first powerplay unit are out of the lineup (Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Matheson, Hutson, Newhook). My random, uninformed guess is they are rehearsing the powerplay strats and what not.
Does Josh Anderson fit in the PP equation?? If so, what's he doing there?
Maybe I'm totally dans le champs here, but thinking out loud.
I believe he missed practice yesterday. Could be injury related.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PhysicX

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
So... I am trying to master any kind of excitement not just for tonight's game but for the season in general. I am missing something. Maybe anything to be excited about. I don't know. I've never seen air of excitement deflated from the fan base so quickly. It's quite uncanny.

It seems like the only thing that will jump start the hype train again will be a good start of the year like them playing really well and going on an early streak or something like that.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Bold predictions for tonight:

Armia outplays Roy and cements his spot on the 2nd line to start with Dach and Newhook.
Engstrom shines and shows he's a quick study, leaving an impression that he will be NHL ready before long.
Kapanen plays well, better than ABB, and team decides to keep him.

Reactions: Eegs

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Not a single line makes sense wth is this???

@waitin425 emergency pack

1000008616.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad