GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Habs vs Sens 7pm Est TSN & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Imagine it will take time. Have to trust in Marty
True, but at the same time it sounds like MSL has been hands on the pp for a bit and it's still trash.

I know the talent isn't the greatest, but when you go 10 seconds without anyone in front and you have control of the puck, your pp f***ing sucks.

Reactions: Habano

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
True, but at the same time it sounds like MSL has been hands on the pp for a bit and it's still trash.

I know the talent isn't the greatest, but when you go 10 seconds without anyone in front and you have control of the puck, your pp f***ing sucks.
There's no issue with the talent level, it's all scheme and the complete lack of movement. Not sure why this hasn't been addressed over the past couple of years.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The PP is missing a slap shot from the blue line. Both Matheson and Hutson shot are on the weak side. The dmen who have a good shot lack the mobility and hockey IQ to play on the PP. That's an issue KH will have to solve eventually.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
There's no issue with the talent level, it's all scheme and the complete lack of movement. Not sure why this hasn't been addressed over the past couple of years.
To have movement, you need to move the PK box to create space for the other players and those players need to move that space fast and receive give and go passes. Habs haven't had a PP QB who can move the box since Markov ( Hutson looks like it, but Matheson is still on PP1 so...) and the overall team passing speed is way too slow (lack of anticipation from everyone).

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
The PP is missing a slap shot from the blue line. Both Matheson and Hutson shot are on the weak side. The dmen who have a good shot lack the mobility and hockey IQ to play on the PP. That's an issue KH will have to solve eventually.
yeah I miss the 2Ds 3Fs powerplays, Xhekaj and Mailloux slap shots are not tested, also Guhle and Barron can see some PP time if they go that way, keep Matheson and Hutson making the plays but have a heavy shot option at the point to go with.
Also last year we got so many goals against on the PP, 2Ds might help even a little bit
I may be completely in the wrong, but why did we completely abandon the 2Ds 3Fs powerplay these last few years?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Roy getting a look.
No first line out there.
Hutson made the team
Kapanen trying out Dvorak's wing. could be a test with Dach on the 2nd line later

What an interesting line-up.

Dvorak now the 4th C it seems.
Heineman getting another look on probably the line he would play on if he stays up.
Kapanen getting an audition on the wing.
Roy/Dach/Armia could end up an actual line.

Pezz still only playing on the 4th line...

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Is this the last pre-season game? Does this mean the first line only played two pre-season games?

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Interesting to see them call up Condotta and Tuch after just sending them down.

Maybe after last game they want to see some more physical play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad