GDT: Preseason Game 5: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - 7:00pm EDT

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Not sure I see the potential of Skinner with Jack. They seem to be trying to get to same areas to do the same things. Dopplegangers.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
For a guy who was supposedly fast enough to keep up with Eichel, Skinner has been a complete passenger on that line in 4 periods.

Reactions: Samsonite23

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
just tuned in, hows dahlin looking ?!!
Like he picked up where he left off against Toronto. He's going to learn just like Eichel did that you can't play with the puck that far away from your body in the NHL. It's laughably easy for an NHL forward to take the puck from him.

Reactions: nickdawg95

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
How many spots are up for the taking? Assuming pedigree/quality/prestige means that Berglund, Okposo, Sheary, Sobotka, Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner and Pominville will occupy 8 spots. Am I missing someone that won’t be waived/sent to AHL? Casey?

Would probably add Bailey, E-Rod, Thompson, Nylander, Mittelstadt to that group.
Bailey and E-Rod has the speed and drive that Girgensons and Larsson lacks. Mittelstadt since we have no other guys at C and we can send him down if the results are catastrophic.
Nylander and Thompson because they deserve it and have a lot of skill.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
For a guy who was supposedly fast enough to keep up with Eichel, Skinner has been a complete passenger on that line in 4 periods.

As a Canes fan, get used to that. It was obvious to us that management and Brindamour wanted him gone..... He will get his goals but don't expect much else...... Lots of dipsydoodle crap....

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I liked Borgen and Reinhart in that period. Oglevie, O'Regan, Bailey all acting like they are in a job hunt. Reinhart I thought was strong.

Better game for Mittelstadt on the puck so far. His backchecking is still solid - he wants the puck.

Dahlin had a couple moments early up in the play and then that late fumble. Just keep telling him to go for it, show him what the issue is when he makes one and offer correction to his execution not his frequency of attempt.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I liked Borgen and Reinhart in that period. Oglevie, O'Regan, Bailey all acting like they are in a job hunt. Reinhart I thought was strong.

Better game for Mittelstadt on the puck so far. His backchecking is still solid - he wants the puck.

Dahlin had a couple moments early up in the play and then that late fumble. Just keep telling him to go for it, show him what the issue is when he makes one and offer correction to his execution not his frequency of attempt.
Dahlin has been slow off he mark. He has to get his ass in gear. Move his feet. Go. This is not a chess game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad