GDT: Preseason Game 4: Utah @ Colorado 5:00PM MDT - Scripps, UtahHC+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Unless mistaken Doan has played at C quite a bit at other levels, including ASU. Anyways, I wouldn't be afraid to at least try it.
Yep, Doan played C at ASU for 2 seasons and had a quite a few games at C down in Tucson last season as well. Given his propensity to strip pucks, his good hands and seems to be good on the draw, no reason not to give him a shot there between those two.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Yep, Doan played C at ASU for 2 seasons and had a quite a few games at C down in Tucson last season as well. Given his propensity to strip pucks, his good hands and seems to be good on the draw, no reason not to give him a shot there between those two.

This guy (don't know anything about his cred) makes it sound like it should be a crime not trying Doan at C, at some point. Especially for a team that has had poor C depth since forever. Heck, that's what pre-season is for, trying out new things.

Evaluating Josh Doan's Quick Development to the NHL

"A lot of his middle lane drives and ability to attack inside leading as F1 with the puck, and especially as a center, helped him take charge more with Arizona State in order to evolve his offensive habits. Playing that natural center role was inconsistent in his time in his first year in the USHL, but evolved more and progressed that second season in the USHL where he popped off. Doan can play both center and wing, but having a shot-first mentality, scoring driven center like Doan is already will continue to help his NHL progression over time."

These 4pm games sure make it seem a lot later than it is once they're over. I thought it was around 10pm. (It's not even 8 yet lol)

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
For the little that Iginla played, I thought he looked good... he was hard on the forecheck, and set some people up that couldn't finish.
I didn't think he looked out of place at all. A few good take-aways. Good for being out for a while and then thrown into a game at a higher level than he's used to. No complaints... Except for the 4 minute penalty. That could've been nerves though.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Good to hear different views of Iginla. Mostly I just did not notice him do anything. Announcers were horrid though. Maybe they did not know his number?

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
1SAMvIr.png
You rang?

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Good to hear different views of Iginla. Mostly I just did not notice him do anything. Announcers were horrid though. Maybe they did not know his number?
Yeah true .. they need to learn how to pronounce some names..

On a side note.. where do we hear Nash?

I couldn't watch it today.
Did O'Brien really play C?

I never noticed that…

Yeah true .. they need to learn how to pronounce some names..

On a side note.. where do we hear Nash?

I never noticed that…
Doan was taking face offs

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The main names were all very good (Keller, Sergachev, Guenther and McBain).

Doan was good. Thought Iginla showed very little.
I felt like Iginla had a couple impressive moments, enough to make me think he could be quite productive, at some point.

Cause he is not a C?

Interesting to watch is if Guenther and Keller stay on the same line. They were lethal against Colorado today.
I like the idea, Guenther is willing to shoot. The problem with Keller/Schmaltz is both are pass first.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Hayton will for sure start out on the top line w/Schmaltz & Keller, but with Hayton's injury history, we could see that open a spot up and once they put Doan in there for either Bjugstad on line 3 or Hayton on line 1 - the production he will put up will keep him there

Eventually cream rises to the top

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad