GDT: Preseason Game 4: Red Wings at sabres 9/30/24 7pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I wouldn’t read too much into the lineup in Buffalo.

There were a couple of changes from Saturday’s lineup for the Pittsburgh game tonight as well. Once again, wouldn’t read much into it. They wanna put their kids in some positions to succeed in the preseason, and we’re gonna see some of that tonight in Detroit.

The fact Edvinsson, Compher, Veleno and Wallinder aren’t playing in either game, isn’t anything to read into either. The 3 weren’t scheduled to play in this game and they wanna see Johansson get big minutes in a game. just as they want Kasper, Mazur and Danielson getting big minutes. As of this morning Wallinder was gonna play in Detroit tonight, so that late change made Buffalo impossible unless he hopped in the car himself. Gustavsson obviously needs some solid minutes, after that showing last week.

Reactions: SirloinUB

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I wouldn’t read too much into the lineup in Buffalo.

There were a couple of changes from Saturday’s lineup for the Pittsburgh game tonight as well. Once again, wouldn’t read much into it. They wanna put their kids in some positions to succeed in the preseason, and we’re gonna see some of that tonight in Detroit.

The fact Edvinsson, Compher, Veleno and Wallinder aren’t playing in either game, isn’t anything to read into either. The 3 weren’t scheduled to play in this game and they wanna see Johansson get big minutes in a game. just as they want Kasper, Mazur and Danielson getting big minutes. As of this morning Wallinder was gonna play in Detroit tonight, so that late change made Buffalo impossible unless he hopped in the car himself. Gustavsson obviously needs some solid minutes, after that showing last week.
I'm sure they partially loaded up this Pittsburgh game to make up for the super late cancellation the other day to. Lots of people got there, paid for parking, and then got told to go home. So stacking the home lineup a bit and making sure that people at least get to see the stars and younger potential stars makes sense.

I will say I totally missed Compher also being out. I thought Ed was the only non competition regular out, but with Compher also out it makes sense that they just want an extended look at some of the younger tweener guys. Wallinder is sort of in the same boat but solidly in that GR lineup, probably top pair. He has played well, but it would take a minor miracle to see him on the Wings this year with Aljo out of waiver options.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
looking forward to seeing Gabe Seger and the Silver Bullet Band (f/k/a the Gabe Seger System).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad