GDT: Preseason Game #4 New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils Sept 30 7 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not a good game for us. Pretty much can take the entire squad with the exceptions of Quick, Edstrom and Mancini and send them to Hartford tomorrow....though I think Berard was maybe our best player tonight.

Othmann was awful in the first two periods. Several times he turned over pucks with east/west passes in the neutral zone leading to quick counterattacks by the Devils. His play away from the puck was atrocious. Fitzgerald for all of Daneyko's bs about him was maybe our worst defenseman when pretty much all of them were somewhere between bad and mediocre. The PTO's Erne and Bowey not impressive either.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Wow, none of these kids look remotely ready for NHL.

Particularly disappointed in Othmann who i thought was absolute ass tonight.

We do not have organizational depth at the moment. Maybe in a year from now, but currently nope.

Especially defensively.

There were no real bright spots for the kids. Maybe berard and sykora. Maybe.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
If you're gonna play with lineups like that, schedule five games. :dunno:

That was pointless.
More like don't schedule two preseason games for a team that's to play their first regular season game across the globe 3 days later. I don't know what any of them were thinking.

The game looked bad but I take nothing away from it. It was an AHL preseason game and usually those aren't broadcasted on MSG and NHL network. A bunch of those guys haven't played any games together, they probably weren't coached on much together and it sure did look like it, honestly for both teams. Anyways, this one preseason game isn't going to mean shit on how I feel about any of these players in the long run. I'll take what the likes of Othmann, Berard, Chemlar, Mancini, Scanlin, etc do in 20-40 games in HFD than what happened in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad