GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Habs vs Marlies+ 7 PM Est TSN2 ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They were a good pair in Laval last year. Neither is having the greatest camp. But we know they're both good and a Mailloux/Xhekaj pairing could be something we see down the road.
Weird that I am one of those who doesn't think Mailloux has had a bad camp. I think he came to camp to show that his defensive game is improving. He will eventually figure out how to manage both sides of the game.

Yeah, that Nicholas obviously knows nothing about hockey :facepalm:
He can't make Farrell bigger or faster

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Weird that I am one of those who doesn't think Mailloux has had a bad camp. I think he came to camp to show that his defensive game is improving. He will eventually figure out how to manage both sides of the game.

You're right. It's very possible he's focusing on playing a better defensive game because they know he can bring offense. I feel like Barron is also here to show his more defensive side this camp. And I think he's having a very good one.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
As I mentioned earlier. Full line-up with a few guys getting final auditions. Unless a guy or two do so well, they warrant another game, I expect tonight will be the last preseason game for Beck, Condotta, Farrell, Davidson, Reinbacher, and Mailloux.
I could see Mallioux and/or Reinbacher staying until Guhle is ready to return. Right now they would only have Savard and Barron to play the right side.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
This might be the D corps by the end of the season.

Xhekaj's spot is in danger though. Struble has outplayed him. He needs to make a statement.

Farrell on the fourth line is a head scratcher. I think they're giving him his last opportunity to show something before making a decision.

Announcing cuts after tonight?

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You're right. It's very possible he's focusing on playing a better defensive game because they know he can bring offense. I feel like Barron is also here to show his more defensive side this camp. And I think he's having a very good one.
It would be huge if Barron figures things out this season and Mailloux can further refine his game in Laval. I still don't 100% feel he is ready. My other concern is Xhekaj, I am starting to think that he may not be part of the top 6 longterm.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It sounds like they are trying to make him a more complete player and... a better person.

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad