GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Habs vs Marlies+ 7 PM Est TSN2 ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm curious to see what our lineup is tonight. I've always pegged this game as the first we'd see our full compliment of top 6 players.
I'd really like to see Owen Beck given a shot on three or four with our regular NHL players as I believe he'd be the first call up in the middle.
Struble trying to bite off top line minutes while playing the right side is interesting I've only been advocating for it since Feb. 2023.
His value to the team takes a big jump IMO if he can play well there because only Guhle has shown that ability as a lefty.
Maybe Engstrom down the road but he isn't quite ready yet.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm assuming we won't see Toronto's top dogs tonight since they played on Thursday and likely won't travel just for an exhibition game.

Would love to see some of our regular lines get playing time together so that they can get their timing before the start of the season.

1727525107240.png

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We just might get a full lineup today for the rematch
They have to. Seasons ticket holders have to buy preseason tickets and they pay the regular amount. The Leaf game in Toronto was the last let all the kids play game. They are also about out of exhibition games.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They have to. Seasons ticket holders have to buy preseason tickets and they pay the regular amount. The Leaf game in Toronto was the last let all the kids play game. They are also about out of exhibition games.
Nylander nicked up Tavares nicked up and rumors that Matthews is nicked up. The Leafs will be sending the Marlies IMO.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Nylander nicked up Tavares nicked up and rumors that Matthews is nicked up. The leafs will be sending the Marlies IMO.
They were always going to send the Marlies, even without injuries. Pacioretty and Domi might be in the line-up thought, as ex-Habs.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Hope they play something like a near full lineup, to me, except Kapanen/Beck/Tuch who ain't far but ain't really there yet, and Hutson who's head and shoulders above the rest, there's no real standouts who I think could dislodge our actual NHL contracts, and I wonder why they didn't cut anybody anyway.

Better gain some momentum (and ideally some real effort to get things going, not a half-assed one like the Suzuki line had in the 2nd game) and shake the rust before the real season starts.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hope they play something like a near full lineup, to me, except Kapanen/Beck/Tuch who ain't far but ain't really there yet, and Hutson who's head and shoulders above the rest, there's no real standouts who I think could dislodge our actual NHL contracts, and I wonder why they didn't cut anybody anyway.

Better gain some momentum (and ideally some real effort to get things going, not a half-assed one like the Suzuki line had in the 2nd game) and shake the rust before the real season starts.
Kapanen with the therapy day yesterday is probably a no go.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This should be a mix of what we are expecting for opening night with maybe a few of the bubble guys getting a final chance to stake their claim.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Why waste our time with Farrell anyway? The guy is small and soft and has no futur with us.

Adam Nicholas’s pet?

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
If we get a powerplay goal tonight I'll be happy.

If we want any chance of being in the wildcard conversation this year then we're going to need a hot start and we won't have a hot start if our special team struggles don't improve.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Why waste our time with Farrell anyway? The guy is small and soft and has no futur with us.

Adam Nicholas’s pet?

He has a mere half season's worth of ahl experience under his belt at 22 years of age.

He might not make it, but this would be a very rash and impatient decision to dump him at this point of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad