GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do not buy that playing some games can ruin a guy.
At that young of an age? With that little pro experience? We've seen it happen with skaters who were given a ton of minutes at a young age.

Most goalies aren't playing in the league at all at the age Daws was in 21-22. I remember constantly citing that he had played more games in the NHL at 21 than Marty had.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Tatar might end up being a mistake if they keep jamming him up the lineup and he really is cooked.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tatar might end up being a mistake if they keep jamming him up the lineup and he really is cooked.
Honestly, he's just depth at this point. He's cheap and they probably wanna try and see if he can show any semblance of what he did with those guys in 21-22.

If not then I can easily see him being a healthy scratch.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I guess they get a pass for playing like horseshit because it's preseason🤔
Do these games earn them points during the regular season? No? Then quite frankly I don't give a flying f***.

At this point I'm more worried about the regulars being healthy than I am whether they win, or even look that good in games that ultimately don't matter.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The best they looked was with the scrubini Utica squad.

You hope that’s because those guys are trying and these guys aren’t but not exactly encouraging. Also if it is they’re not trying what the f*** are you doing not trying in the warmup runs you get with a new coach?

Reactions: JK3

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Honestly, he's just depth at this point. He's cheap and they probably wanna try and see if he can show any semblance of what he did with those guys in 21-22.

If not then I can easily see him being a healthy scratch.

Scratching him for whom exactly? The f***ing goon? We have noooooooooooo reliable depth beyond the 12 guys and even then Nate’s not a lock after the year he had

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Yea, I got no confidence in this team for this not to be just them sucking ass like they will in the regular season. Our second pairing is out for who knows how long, we are slow as shit. And our top guys aside from bratt couldn’t give less of a f***. Cool.

Preseason yea, what ever, they were an embarrassment last year and they are already starting off looking like shit and managed to give up 17 goals against over the last few games lol

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Do these games earn them points during the regular season? No? Then quite frankly I don't give a flying f***.

At this point I'm more worried about the regulars being healthy than I am whether they win, or even look that good in games that ultimately don't matter.
Wow really we will see what happens in their first 2 games I'm thinking they lose both .... but we shall see

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
The Rangers actually played well last preseason. Interestingly the 1-5 Rangers had a xGF% that was 10 pts better than our undefeated team.
Who cares ? We know the Devils should be playing better than this. As frustrating as it is , it's going to take some time with all the new players and Keefe brought in to get. I'd say probably 15 games or so. The injuries to Luke, Pesce & Hatakka don't help whatsoever either.

Wins are wins and losses are losses. I don't think the Rangers players or fans were holding their head up high because they lost preseason games while having good advanced statistics. Just take the loss and move on. The problem is the Devils veterans all haven't looked particularly good this preseason while the intensity is going to pick up big time come next Friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad