GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Watch them play MacDermid on D or some shit (he has played defense before lol) instead of Casey.

I admit that I'm just busting balls at this point and making a baseless claim.

Still, don't say it would be the most shocking of moves lol.
The fire Keefe posts will start earlier than the fire MacLean posts if he does that

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I'm actually not at ''It's going to be tough this season''.

But It could be.

They could also completely turn it on next week and everything will be fine.

I don't expect much better than this when it comes to goaltending while Rogalski is still the goalie coach, but the offense should be a lot better than this. The offense may have to be A LOT better than this to overcome Rogalski goaltending.

Then again, Jack is not in tonight, which I totally back not playing him in a meaningless game.
Yes and I know I'm totally overreacting right now. The team will need time to gel to the new system and I believe we have a good roster. It's just concerning right now.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who is gonna be the scapegoat after we still suck despite having a new goaltending tandem?
it was always STUPID to keep the same goalie coach.

Like. Why. The. f***. Is. Rogalski. Still. The. Goalie. Coach?

How many new goalies (and head coaches) were you gonna give this guy to work with? HOW MANY?!

Reactions: Andre Palot

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

But It could be.

I don't expect much better than this when it comes to goaltending while Rogalski is still the goalie coach, but the offense should be a lot better than this.

Then again, Jack is not in tonight, which I totally back not playing him in a meaningless game.

I soured on them hard last year and still am very sour but I’m also not at a “this will be a rough year”. It certainly could be and they have to win me back over to actually have faith in them but it’s not like the talent or the coaching *shouldn’t* be in place to be good.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

But It could be.

I don't expect much better than this when it comes to goaltending while Rogalski is still the goalie coach, but the offense should be a lot better than this. The offense may have to be A LOT better than this to overcome Rogalski goaltending.

I mean Allen being brought back when he was worse than Kakkonen to end last year was certainly a choice, tough that we missed on Askarov slightly because of Allen being in the fold and he wanted to be in the NHL this year. Markstrom will be fine, the issue will be where the goals will come from.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I soured on them hard last year and still am very sour but I’m also not at a “this will be a rough year”. It certainly could be and they have to win me back over to actually have faith in them but it’s not like the talent or the coaching *shouldn’t* be in place to be good.
They SHOULD be good. They have all the tools. I'm certainly optimistic overall, just got kinda down tonight lol. I know it'll take time to adjust. I also know preseason means squat.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Literally Rogalski and Fitz are the only ones left to blame on the goalie situation and if the latter goes while the former stays, you know he’s on the Marty lifetime pass

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I’ll wait till the end of the game but it’s a total mess so far. Their breakout is non existent, can barely get through the NZ. The same for any forecheck, it doesn’t exist. It’s just slow and ugly all over the ice, I hope Keefe beats their ass.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

try to de-sour and sweeten

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Everyone please take a deep breath lol. It’s f***ing preseason with a new coach. I know we all have PTSD after last season but come on

If they do end up sucking and miss the playoffs again we can jump off a bridge together
(whispers have you seen Buffalo’s preseason record with a new coach?)

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
They'll be fine, nothing what they did in these games matter. If the core doesn't wake up on their own from last year then tough discussions are meant to be had with the roster construction. We aren't there yet, this is a mid November/early December conversation if they start out horrid.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I mean Allen being brought back when he was worse than Kakkonen to end last year was certainly a choice, tough that we missed on Askarov slightly because of Allen being in the fold and he wanted to be in the NHL this year. Markstrom will be fine, the issue will be where the goals will come from.
Not worried too much about our goal scoring. I'm confident in our offense. The rest worries me though.

They'll be fine, nothing what they did in these games matter. If the core doesn't wake up on their own from last year then tough discussions are meant to be had with the roster construction. We aren't there yet, this is a mid November/early December conversation if they start out horrid.
You're 100% right.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
I don’t expect a great start to the season partly due to the injuries and the insipid NHL for starting our season in Europe, lol, WTF ?

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think if Kahkonen played more games he would have probably not been as good as he was.

The fact that they wouldn't let him play more games and rode Allen the way they did was really the bizarre choice. I think they already knew Allen was staying because he was signed for this year and Kahkonen was not.

But Rogalski is poison and if we're gonna make all these coaching and goalie changes then god dammit we needed to make a change at the goalie coaching position.

I'd like to see the New Jersey Devils goaltending department (all of it) turned upside down. I'd really like to see the entire goaltending department overthrown.

How do you change all things goaltending with this team, yet keep the goalie coach that's been around for all the suckage? HOW DO YOU DO IT?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Everyone please take a deep breath lol. It’s f***ing preseason with a new coach. I know we all have PTSD after last season but come on

If they do end up sucking and miss the playoffs again we can jump off a bridge together

Meh, that's sports. If this core can't get it done or they suck, they'll be replaced. Eventually this team will get good, it just depends how long and with who.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm so glad we don't know Rogalski's contract status.

Can you imagine if somehow his contract was up this past offseason, and they RE-SIGNED him in June? Like gave him a NEW DEAL that starts THIS YEAR?

They probably didn't. Maybe he and all the original Ruff staff got re-upped along with Ruff a year ago. So maybe this is year one of a new deal for him, but maybe it was signed a year ago? Or maybe his deal was not tied in any way with Ruff's contracts.

• Haha
Reactions: NJDevs26

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
How many chances are you gonna give the GM to make the playoffs before he falls on the sword?

I'm not saying he needs to be fired or getting ahead of ourselves here that we will be bad this year.

But if we are bad this year, I think you justify a GM change, so long as it isn't some guy that really shouldn't be the GM here or anywhere in the league.

But again, I am getting WAAAYYYYYY ahead of things.
Fire the GM. It doesn't matter. I'll get rid of literally anyone on this roster not named bratt or casey at this point. I really don't feel very strongly about anyone right now. Argument for Nemec. I am tired of this roster and this core. They need to prove it this year, not the people wearing suits and sitting at desks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad