GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Obviously one preseason game but even with Jack last game they were a dud offensively.

And the one period it looked like they gave a shit, they caved Washington lol. They're probably gonna try to win games 3-2 or 2-1 regardless with a new coach and the injuries they had. Whether it was smart to put their eggs in an old goalie tandem was smart by Fitz will soon be seen.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I guess the goalie coach is the only thing left to goaltender bashers? Was it the breakaway, or Horvat alone in the slot?
They should have come for the head of the snake at least by this past offseason. I've been saying it all along.

The goalie coach should have been canned before this season. There was no way he should have been allowed to get more goalies.

They probably couldn't fire him after 22-23 with 2 of the 3 goalies playing well, but after last year? Not sure how he (an original from the Ruff staff) has outlived almost everyone, other than Chris Taylor.

And I can't even tell you what Chris Taylor does. I'm not sure if he's the bottom man among the assistants or if it's Brylin. Chris Taylor has been here 2 years longer, for what it's worth.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I also don't think we lost that much speed. Our top end is still very quick, as some of the bottom 6.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Who are they going to leave him off for? Three of their top eight are on the shelf lol

I could see it being a possibility since you’d imagine they see Dougie/Nemec locked in on the right and they go Kovacevic over Casey because grrrr big mean physical then they don’t want to slide any RD over the left which leaves Casey out of the lineup

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And the one period it looked like they gave a shit, they caved Washington lol. They're probably gonna try to win games 3-2 or 2-1 regardless with a new coach and the injuries they had. Whether it was smart to put their eggs in an old goalie tandem was smart by Fitz will soon be seen.
Broken record here, but the dumbest thing Fitz did regarding goalie tandem this year was allowing Rogalski to stay.

How many goalies, and how many coaches are you gonna get rid of before you get rid of the guy coaching the goalies? Goalie coaches matter.

Dave Rogalski is the Joonas Korpisalo of goalie coaches. Fitting that the one year the goalies played well under him was the same year Korpisalo had his one good season lol.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
This team might honestly be absolute ass and it might be better to just accept it before the season starts rather than getting my hopes crushed again.

Reactions: Patrik26

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Broken record here, but the dumbest thing Fitz did regarding goalie tandem this year was allowing Rogalski to stay.

How many goalies, and how many coaches are you gonna get rid of before you get rid of the guy coaching the goalies? Goalie coaches matter.

Dave Rogalski is the Joonas Korpisalo of goalie coaches. Fitting that the one year the goalies played well under him was the same year Korpisalo had his one good season lol.

Yes, Rogalski sucks but I meant in more in terms of the team building and how they have to navigate early on in the year.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They better not leave Casey off the team after he’s been the only player worth a damn
Watch them play MacDermid on D or some shit (he has played defense before lol) instead of Casey.

I admit that I'm just busting balls at this point and making a baseless claim.

Still, don't say it would be the most shocking of moves lol.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Watch them play MacDermid on D or some shit (he has played defense before lol) instead of Casey.

I admit that I'm just busting balls at this point and making a baseless claim.

Still, don't say it would be the most shocking of moves lol.

MacDermid’s already got his assigned seat up in the press box (please let if just be that and never stepping foot on the ice again for this team)

Reactions: Bleedred

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I'm feeling exactly like I felt after the game against the Canucks in Vancouver last year where we were leading like 4-1 and barely won 6-5 after blowing a multi goal lead. I knew they weren't built for it last year after that one.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
ab67616d0000b273950359444321d635b59838b3

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On the verge of being very concerned with this group.

I'm usually on the positive side, but it's going to be tough this season.
I'm actually not at ''It's going to be tough this season''.

But It could be.

They could also completely turn it on next week and everything will be fine.

I don't expect much better than this when it comes to goaltending while Rogalski is still the goalie coach, but the offense should be a lot better than this. The offense may have to be A LOT better than this to overcome Rogalski goaltending.

Then again, Jack is not in tonight, which I totally back not playing him in a meaningless game.

Reactions: Devs3cups

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
One thing I will say, the penalty kill might sink them early big time with the teams they play on the schedule and they look completely lost there tonight.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad