GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Is Ruff still the coach? Been playing like it.

Gonna be a very interesting 2 game opener. Fanbase will be full panic mode if they lose easy twice to Lindy.
#FireRogalski
Didn't realize Rogalski was in net. Good opportunity for him.

Reactions: JK3

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want everybody fired up top if goaltending blows up this year.

Fitz, Marty and Clemmensen.

Fitz hitching his wagon to Rogalski is the new Shero to Hynes or Shero to Bylsma in Pittsburgh. I will turn against him pretty quickly if this season goes off the rails with poor goaltending again. How do you change all these goalies and coaches, but come back with the same poisonous goalie coach that's been here for 4 years? How did he last longer than Ruff?

Marty and Clemmensen can already f*** off. They lost me a while ago.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I know it’s just preseason but Fitz really has overcorrected so far back the other way that we’re really no longer all that fast of a team

All comes down to Keefe's ability not to be a dunce + goaltending (which was spouted on here for years) with how good the ceiling of this team truly is coming up. Their speed was great but once a physical team actually defend them outside the rush, they shit their pants, once they learn how to play as a collective unit from anywhere on the ice is when they'll be a consistent contender

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn't realize Rogalski was in net. Good opportunity for him.
It's totally not Rogalski's fault that 13 goalies have underperformed, on top of EVERY coach (other than Chris Taylor lol) hired at the same time or after him having already been fired and yet he still stays.

He shouldn't be here anymore. How do you fire Nasreddine, Recchi and Ruff, (Brunette and Green weren't really fired) and yet keep Rogalski, who is part of the original Fitz/Ruff coaching staff?

And yes, I don't blame Rogalski for ALL of these goalies being bad. But at some point you gotta point the finger at the guy who is in year 5 as the goalie coach. Unless you just believe he's some meaningless STOOGE.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
2 goals on 3 shots is bad
IMG_5625.jpeg

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
All comes down to Keefe's ability not to be a dunce + goaltending (which was spouted on here for years) with how good the ceiling of this team truly is coming up. Their speed was great but once a physical team actually defend them outside the rush, they shit their pants, once they learn how to play as a collective unit from anywhere on the ice is when they'll be a consistent contender

You didn’t have to uproot the identity of the team. We should’ve been trying to be like the Avs. That’s where the team was heading and how they had their success

Reactions: Bleedred

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

This just might not be possible. Happened in Buffalo. It can happen here too.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean we did see it happen here. It was through being the fastest team in the league all over the ice. Then they decided that doesn’t matter.
If it blows up this year and we miss the playoffs again, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a GM change.

I honestly would be all for it if we miss the playoffs this year. I think that's more than enough time for Fitz. It was longer than Shero got (if he lasts the entire season), with the same number of playoff berths and much more to work with.

I'd welcome it if we miss the playoffs, as long as it isn't for Marty or some celebratory buffoon like that.

Unfortunately, I don't trust that it won't be, so I'm hoping for a playoff berth and that Fitz sticks around.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The offense can't possibly be this bad. I don't think it will be.

Goaltending? I hope it will be fine, but won't be confident until Rogalski is sent away on a pirate ship.

Rogalski should have been public enemy number one even before Ruff.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
If it blows up this year and we miss the playoffs again, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a GM change.

I honestly would be all for it if we miss the playoffs this year. I think that's more than enough time for Fitz. It was longer than Shero got (if he lasts the entire season), with the same number of playoff berths and much more to work with.

I'd welcome it if we miss the playoffs, as long as it isn't for Marty or some celebratory buffoon like that.

Unfortunately, I don't trust that it won't be, so I'm hoping for a playoff berth and that Fitz sticks around.
I dunno, Fitz haa made good moves, you cant guarantee they always work.

if the goalies continue to suck even this year and Fitz doesnt e.g. get a new goalie coach, sure. We are very far from that, tho.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
You didn’t have to uproot the identity of the team. We should’ve been trying to be like the Avs. That’s where the team was heading and how they had their success

I don't disagree, the cracks that Fitz wanted to get heavier after Carolina was obvious when guys like Toffoli/slower forwards were brought in over guys like Boqvist, etc, guys on the backend being replaced by virtual stone skaters. Carolina is just this team's kryptonite and mainly due to goaltending. I need to see Markstrom v certain teams this year to know their true ceiling.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if we miss the playoffs this year its on the players and no one else.
How many chances are you gonna give the GM to make the playoffs before he falls on the sword?

I'm not saying he needs to be fired or getting ahead of ourselves here that we will be bad this year.

But if we are bad this year, I think you justify a GM change, so long as it isn't some guy that really shouldn't be the GM here or anywhere in the league.

But again, I am getting WAAAYYYYYY ahead of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad