GDT: Preseason Game #4 | 10/01/24 | 7:30 PM MST | VGK @ COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
George+ Ritchie+ picks. Then we'd have to move someone else to make the numbers work.
I don't think the Avs would give up Ritchie in that kind of deal.

Ilya Nabokov though, yeah that would make sense to include him when you consider that Swayman is still only 25 and an established starter + top 10 goalie.

Personally, I believe the Avs current plan is to roll with Georgiev this year and let him 'roll off as a UFA' next summer while they bring Nabokov to be the replacement starter.

There's a lot of uncertainty with that scenario especially when you consider that historically the Avalanche have been abysmal at drafting goaltenders. Were they finally going to luck out at some point with Nabokov ? That's hard to say for sure.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think the Avs would give up Ritchie in that kind of deal.

Ilya Nabokov though, yeah that would make sense to include him when you consider that Swayman is still only 25 and an established starter + top 10 goalie.

Personally, I believe the Avs current plan is to roll with Georgiev this year and let him 'roll off as a UFA' next summer while they bring Nabokov to be the replacement starter.

There's a lot of uncertainty with that scenario especially when you consider that historically the Avalanche have been abysmal at drafting goaltenders. Were they finally going to luck out at some point with Nabokov ? That's hard to say for sure.
Nabokov is very likely to stay another year in Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad