GDT: PRESEASON GAME #3 - STARS vs WILD @ 7pm CT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Stranges looks pretty good
I still love him. If he can keep up that tenaciousness on the puck he's seriously has an NHL future. He breaks out this season in the AHL. Time to show he truly wants it.

It was a panic signing because everyone worth a damn went elsewhere
Keeping Handley would have been a better decision than this is going to be.

Reactions: Elysian

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Stranges with a gorgeous move

Didn't result in anything but it was fun

I really wish this was Ralph's kid. Or at least that it was spelled the same way so we could pretend it's Ralph's kid.

I also really wish I didn't get such a strong "AHL all star" vibe from this and every other highlight of his I've seen. He's like a more slippery version of Rob Schremp.

Highlight of the game tonight, TV timeout after Ben Jones got the roughing penalty for trying to fight Dumba, an ice girl ate shit, caught an edge and faceplanted into the goal. I wanted to console her, check on her, make sure she was OK, see if she wanted to talk about it, but I was too busy laughing.

Also: I met Ben Jones's billet mom in Niagara years ago and she was really nice.

Well hell

"Officially licensed digital collectibles"

??
NHL selling NFT's? Only 3 years after everyone realized they're a scam?

• Haha
Reactions: starsfan86

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
probs not worth its own thread so i'm putting it here.

emailed the contact us on the victory+ site.. they were shockingly fast to answer my question about picture quality.

they said they're currently sending at 720p, 30 fps, moving soon to 1080/30fps. once that's settled they'll start adding 4k where possible.

tbh the 720 looks pretty rough on a bigger tv, so really looking fwd to the upgrade. they also really need to fix the buffering/stability of the stream, but it's early and free, so i'm not going to bitch very loudly.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
probs not worth its own thread so i'm putting it here.

emailed the contact us on the victory+ site.. they were shockingly fast to answer my question about picture quality.

they said they're currently sending at 720p, 30 fps, moving soon to 1080/30fps. once that's settled they'll start adding 4k where possible.

tbh the 720 looks pretty rough on a bigger tv, so really looking fwd to the upgrade. they also really need to fix the buffering/stability of the stream, but it's early and free, so i'm not going to bitch very loudly.
Reply and tell them 60fps is more important than higher resolution. 720p60 would be preferable to anything at 30p because of the fast motion. 60fps is standard for sports. Almost all sports you see on TV is 720p60. I watched last night on a 120" screen and the resolution was fine. Hopefully they'll end up at 1080p60. If they do 4k60 that would be mad tight though.

Reactions: redbeardtx

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I've been having issues with the Fire Stick version of Victory + on both our LG and Samsung TVs. It'll completely stop mid stream and the only way to get it to go back on is to back out of the app.

Is anyone else running into this?

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Reply and tell them 60fps is more important than higher resolution. 720p60 would be preferable to anything at 30p because of the fast motion. 60fps is standard for sports. Almost all sports you see on TV is 720p60. I watched last night on a 120" screen and the resolution was fine. Hopefully they'll end up at 1080p60. If they do 4k60 that would be mad tight though.
EDIT: i misread their response. here it is copy/pasted exactly:
Currently we support 720p @ 60fps, with 1080p @ 60fps coming soon. Once those qualities are stable, we will be working with the production teams to roll out 4k support when possible.

I've been having issues with the Fire Stick version of Victory + on both our LG and Samsung TVs. It'll completely stop mid stream and the only way to get it to go back on is to back out of the app.

Is anyone else running into this?
same. lol maybe i really should have started a separate thread

Reactions: redbeardtx

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
EDIT: i misread their response. here it is copy/pasted exactly:
Currently we support 720p @ 60fps, with 1080p @ 60fps coming soon. Once those qualities are stable, we will be working with the production teams to roll out 4k support when possible.
Good. Usually I notice immediately if sports is in 30fps so I thought that was weird.

On my Android TV device I was also having to restart it a lot last night.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I guess I’m in the minority but I thought Dumba and Miro looked good together.

I thought they did too. Dumba just needs to not try forcing plays leading to turnovers. Otherwise, it's good to have Miro back on his strong side and with a partner who can skate and move the puck well enough.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I guess I’m in the minority but I thought Dumba and Miro looked good together.
against an AHL roster, and Dumba still made a few standout errors.
Once they're facing quality opponents he will look every bit of the #6 he is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad