GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I love it lol, he's so petty he think he's actually taking a shot at the habs

But I'd be more than happy to remember him as a leaf than as a Hab
It was good riddance then
And its still good riddance now lol
great goalscorer...and
worst captain in habs history

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Although it's been only 2 preseason games so far, Laine and Dach are looking better even though them both have missed considerable time. I feel like Newhook has been behind the play. But give the guy a chance, it's a new line and they're all going to need many more games together to find that chemistry. I do hope they do, will mean a lot for the team. If not, I hope we keep Kapanen a few games after the preseason, and I'd think maybe try Kapanen w/ Dach/Laine for a few games just to see how that goes.

He went from being the guy on his line last half the season to the 3rd wheel. He's probably quite nervous as Laine and Dach are two high pedigree players. I think he'll figure it out with time. He made some good plays though and, being better than Dach at face-offs and being a left-shooting C/W hybrid, he's quite valuable to the 2nd line

Last edited:
Reactions: MangoX

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I really don't understand why people would be angry at Patches playing for the Leafs. The guy is looking for a job after all. Game is a business. Heck, Guy Lafleur played for the Nordiques, of all teams lol

Guy broke his neck playing for the CH, and the fans treat him like shit. But speak poorly about Reinbacher , that really sets off the troops lol

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Yea, we all thought Harris was a pretty vanilla player, but Dvorak is on another level. I do think some coaches might appreciate his "consistency", even though he can't really elevate his game to another level.
Harris's impact was better than vanilla, though. I didn't crunch the stats but someone who did claimed that every pairing he was on did well in their matchups. It could be sheltering, but he was good in his role.
I don't think it's so much that Harris is bad, many teams would be happy to have him on the second or third pairing, it's that there is still hope that pretty much all the remaining players can be better than that. It's unlikely to work out that well, but we'll see.
I expect Harris to have a pretty good career. He's not a guy that you hate to see out there, but he's not big and physical, and his only standout quality is smarts and positioning. He's effective but not flashy.

Reactions: Archijerej

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
We have so much daily content these days, the best in probably my lifetime honestly

We’re about to be in the thick of it:
- Habs GTDs
- Rocket GTDs
- prospect GTDs, have you heard of my friend Ivan Demidov?

Plus with football (euro) and NFL back, my wife dreads this time of year lol
We’re so back

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Tequila-inspired post. Someone at MLSE was having a few while listening to the Tragically Hip and decided to invite Patches to camp because he wears number 67. Can't you hear Ron Maclean make a bit out of that?
The thought of a laughs jersey with 67 on the back is already hilarious - but the with the patio ready name plate too, wow! Hilarious!

RandR

May 15, 2011
I really don't understand why people would be angry at Patches playing for the Leafs. The guy is looking for a job after all. Game is a business. Heck, Guy Lafleur played for the Nordiques, of all teams lol
He seemed like a decent guy, but he was nowhere near strong enough of a leader to be a captain, and Habs management at the time did nothing to help him assume that role. He’s also had some terrible luck with injuries the past couple of seasons. So I hope he does well there personally as a Leaf even though I will also be cheering for the Leafs to get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round again.

To me, he’s like Desharnais, the target of a lot of hatred by so many Habs fans because he never should have been a #1C on a team that may have been only a couple players away from a Stanley Cup. I give them both credit doing their best at the time to fill shoes neither should have been given.

RandR

May 15, 2011
It’s a 3rd Center No Holds Barred Winner Takes All Head to Head Competition. Beck vs Kapanen vs Dvorak. I like it.
Yeah, that should be one of the best things to watch tonight. I don’t expect much of an effort to match lines by either team as it’s an early pre-season game, so this game will give St Louis and management a chance to compare how each of those guys does against one of the better teams and most of its best players.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
We have so much daily content these days, the best in probably my lifetime honestly

We’re about to be in the thick of it:
- Habs GTDs
- Rocket GTDs
- prospect GTDs, have you heard of my friend Ivan Demidov?

Plus with football (euro) and NFL back, my wife dreads this time of year lol
We’re so back
Were Back GIFs | Tenor

Reactions: Supersonic

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Should be Roy with Dvorak - Newhook, and Heineman with Kapanen - Armia imo but too bad i guess

And also still wish it was xhekaj-barron, hutson-reinbacher
Roy carried Dvorak last game, looks like they want to see what Dvo can do by himself outside faceoffs.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Harris's impact was better than vanilla, though. I didn't crunch the stats but someone who did claimed that every pairing he was on did well in their matchups. It could be sheltering, but he was good in his role.
I don't think it's so much that Harris is bad, many teams would be happy to have him on the second or third pairing, it's that there is still hope that pretty much all the remaining players can be better than that. It's unlikely to work out that well, but we'll see.
I expect Harris to have a pretty good career. He's not a guy that you hate to see out there, but he's not big and physical, and his only standout quality is smarts and positioning. He's effective but not flashy.
I've never said he was a bad player or didn't have a positive impact, just that he's a very boring and vanilla player. I also have no doubt he'll have a solid NHL career as a bottom 4 Dman.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
To me, he’s like Desharnais, the target of a lot of hatred by so many Habs fans because he never should have been a #1C on a team that may have been only a couple players away from a Stanley Cup. I give them both credit doing their best at the time to fill shoes neither should have been given.
Same here. Desharnais did his best in a thankless role that was – quite literally – over his head and one he never asked for. Apparently, Therrien was even less kind to him than the fans were.

Pacioretty went from being a fan-favourite and one of the league's top goal-scorers, to a playoff scapegoat and captain of a divided locker-room. The perception of him changed, but he never really did.

There was a lot wrong with the team back then, but did either player actually do or say anything worth booing? Don't remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad