GDT: Preseason Game 3| Kings @ Avs| Friday, September 30 | Defeat Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Do you mean that Compher hasn't done well enough to take one of the spots away from either of the Bourques?

Pretty much but the bourques have been better than the rest of the group of potential bottom 6 forwards.

I have no issue at all with giving either Bourque a contract.

Glad to hear Grigo had a good name. Some credit from Bednar too. How does he look in regards to being soft? I never expect him to use his size to lay hits but is he using it to separate others from the puck at least

Grigo was fantastic, not just the goals. He's forechecking well too. I think he's refreshed playing center again. Bednar had some really nice things to say about him.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm more than ok with signing Gabriel...I like him a lot as a bottom 6. As for Rene, I would really like the signing if I could be sure he won't disappear in a month or so. I know we can always bury that contract in the AHL but I prefer to have a body for the entire year. If Rene can keep his effort up all year he adds a lot to our depth as he can be a very good top-6. Suddenly with him (the good Rene) we have a very good top-9.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Pretty much but the bourques have been better than the rest of the group of potential bottom 6 forwards.

Grigo was fantastic, not just the goals. He's forechecking well too. I think he's refreshed playing center again. Bednar had some really nice things to say about him.

That's great to hear. Grigorenko has the potential to be a damn good hockey player. He already is, just needs to find that consistency and intensity. Happy he's got a few goals already, go into the season confident.

All in all, I'm happy that the Avalanche are 3-0. It's preseason but it's nice seeing our team scoring and competing. I saw the Bednar post-game and particularly liked that he said he was unhappy with our game against Dallas despite winning. That's the sign of a coach who expects a certain level and play and execution. Too many times under Roy we'd win a game solely due to Varalmov and he picked far too many positives it. Don't get me wrong, there's a fine line to walk there but I think it goes to show Bednar has expectations that need to be met or the team or individuals players will be held accountable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some beautiful interference on two of the three goals for the Avs.

MacKinnon "accidentally" falls over one of the Kings defenders getting him out of position. While, Wiercioch basically ties up another Kings player to the goal line. :laugh: Speaking of Wiercioch, gotta give him some credit, that was a very nice double fake for Grigorenko's first goal and a beautiful pass to step up the play leading to his second goal.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Do you mean that Compher hasn't done well enough to take one of the spots away from either of the Bourques?

That's right. Both of them have shown more than him to earn bottom 6 spots on the team. He is giving the coaching staff an easy decision on sending him down and signing those dudes to 1 year contracts.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hopefully Grigorenko goes into the season with all the confidence in the world. He's got so many tools. He thinks the game at a high level. He's got hands. He's got size. He's a passable skater. Just have to get the pieces to fit in the proper way.

Good that there is competition for #5-7D and #10-13F. While I'm not a fan of some of the depth 'veterans' brought it I think it's healthy if the young guys have to earn their spots.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I know Compher and Greer are probably going to need a season in the A. But the ROR trade is starting to look really really good!

I think Greg is the guy i'm rooting for the most. If he can turn into someone like Couts the Avs are going to be in such a good place depth wise. Crazy he's still so young, maybe just a late bloomer.

If Zads can come out as a top 4 D somehow this trade will be magical for the Avs.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
That's right. Both of them have shown more than him to earn bottom 6 spots on the team. He is giving the coaching staff an easy decision on sending him down and signing those dudes to 1 year contracts.
Ok thanks. That's what I thought you meant. I agree with you by the way. Compher hasn't done too bad so far but the other two have been better.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I know Compher and Greer are probably going to need a season in the A. But the ROR trade is starting to look really really good!

I think Greg is the guy i'm rooting for the most. If he can turn into someone like Couts the Avs are going to be in such a good place depth wise. Crazy he's still so young, maybe just a late bloomer.

If Zads can come out as a top 4 D somehow this trade will be magical for the Avs.

eh, I wouldn't trade Bergeron for Couturier and a top 4 D

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
And we also got Compher.

We traded away a super expensive NHL player and got back 3 younger, cheaper players.

And a young top 4 D acquired through trade is absolutely nothing to sneer at.

And how often are (The rights to negotiate with a UFA for a year) traded for (A 12th, 16th, 31st, and 35th overall pick)?

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's hard to say because the the dollar isn't high they might not want term. If they could get Z for 4M over 5-6 years that would be great, not sure they'd want to go there tho. Grigo maybe 2-3M for 4 or 5. But like I said, it's tough for them to want term in the low end.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
It's hard to say because the the dollar isn't high they might not want term. If they could get Z for 4M over 5-6 years that would be great, not sure they'd want to go there tho. Grigo maybe 2-3M for 4 or 5. But like I said, it's tough for them to want term in the low end.
so you think they'd be looking for more of a bridge deal?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
so you think they'd be looking for more of a bridge deal?

Both players would be stupid to sign long term deals now and not bet on themselves when they haven't proven anything.

Right now, if the Avs are wanting to lock up Zadorov to a long term deal, the highest he's going to be offered is 4M per season. Grigorenko won't get over 3M per season. They just haven't done enough to warrant a long-term deal.

It sounds smart in theory, but theory doesn't always play out in the real world.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Both players would be stupid to sign long term deals now and not bet on themselves when they haven't proven anything.

Right now, if the Avs are wanting to lock up Zadorov to a long term deal, the highest he's going to be offered is 4M per season. Grigorenko won't get over 3M per season. They just haven't done enough to warrant a long-term deal.

It sounds smart in theory, but theory doesn't always play out in the real world.

Not for nothing but with all the BS with having a hard time signing our guys I would not mind if both go full ****** and sign for dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad