GDT: Preseason Game #2 Utah @ Bluesy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Watching live, I thought Perunovich looked just fine. His limitations are obvious but he made some good defensive stops and kept guys wide. Moved the puck well on the PP.

I think 6 of the D spots are obvious. Peru, POJ and Tucker are battling for the #7 spot. Maybe an extra survives if they keep 8.
I've been assuming we're going to keep 8 — sending Tucker through waivers, but I don't know who/how you're anticipating to create time for two players when Kessel and Suter are the only real candidates for swapping in/out. Suter/Kessel is an interesting pairing that I suppose you can break up to jolt the PP, but...clearly Perunovich is not going to be anchoring PP1 if he's playing every day.
Got home from the game. Some thoughts:

Parayko’s an awesome dude. My kid had a sign asking for a puck. Not only did Parayko give him a puck but he also banged on the glass a couple times and winked at him. He simply gets it. My son has a new favorite player.

Dvorsky looked ok. Some good plays but pretty clearly not NHL ready IMO.
Re: Dvorsky — Curious if you got good looks on some of those one handed and/or reaching passes he makes? The broadcast views in junior, tourney, and camp don't provide the best angles, but it has come across as a very unique skill. I said it another thread but it looks like he's got exceptional power/accuracy from every part of his blade regardless if he's reaching or jammed up.

Awesome to hear re: Parayko. My Dad is plugged into the same 'racing circle' as Parayko. The team gushes about how great of a guy he is and how far out of his way he goes to be thoughtful and just a good dude.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I've been assuming we're going to keep 8 — sending Tucker through waivers, but I don't know who/how you're anticipating to create time for two players when Kessel and Suter are the only real candidates for swapping in/out. Suter/Kessel is an interesting pairing that I suppose you can break up to jolt the PP, but...clearly Perunovich is not going to be anchoring PP1 if he's playing every day.

Re: Dvorsky — Curious if you got good looks on some of those one handed and/or reaching passes he makes? The broadcast views in junior, tourney, and camp don't provide the best angles, but it has come across as a very unique skill. I said it another thread but it looks like he's got exceptional power/accuracy from every part of his blade regardless if he's reaching or jammed up.

Awesome to hear re: Parayko. My Dad is plugged into the same 'racing circle' as Parayko. The team gushes about how great of a guy he is and how far out of his way he goes to be thoughtful and just a good dude.
Didn’t notice any one-handed passes in particular but he did make a couple really nice plays in tight coverage.

I have my complaints with Parayko’s game sometimes but as an actual person, he seems to be an amazing person.

I should note that Holloway gave my son a puck as well. Then Parayko did a couple min later so we gave the 2nd one to a kid that didn’t get one. But Parayko in particular was really seeking out each kid on the glass during warmups and giving them attention.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
The problem isn't that Yamamoto is 5'8".
The problem is that Yamamoto weigh's in at 155 lbs.
Yamamoto's not even a "heavy" small player like Dingo is. He's just tiny.
Granted he has some "buzz saw" to his game, but I've had plushie's that were more physically imposing.

All of my (seventy-three, hopefully soon to be 125. ...What? Better than spending what little money I have on crack-cocaine or heroin, right?) plushies are more physically imposing than Kailer Yamamoto.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I have my complaints with Parayko’s game sometimes but as an actual person, he seems to be an amazing person.

I should note that Holloway gave my son a puck as well. Then Parayko did a couple min later so we gave the 2nd one to a kid that didn’t get one. But Parayko in particular was really seeking out each kid on the glass during warmups and giving them attention.
Love it. I remember Berube saying that Parayko is the guy you'd want your daughter to marry.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad