GDT: Preseason Game #2 Utah @ Bluesy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
After one period.

Fischer I think has 3-4 years until he starts making a run for NHL time.

I think if Buchinger has a good year in the AHL he might be looking at next season, but I'm expecting the year after next.

Bro has had some good rushes.

Perunovich looks like a NHL fill in.

Dvo looks like a 1/2 step behind. AHL is gonna treat him well.

Holloway should be playing with Dvo and Schenn.

Reactions: CurrentCS

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
After one period.

Fischer I think has 3-4 years until he starts making a run for NHL time.

I think if Buchinger has a good year in the AHL he might be looking at next season, but I'm expecting the year after next.

Bro has had some good rushes.

Perunovich looks like a NHL fill in.

Dvo looks like a 1/2 step behind. AHL is gonna treat him well.

Holloway should be playing with Dvo and Schenn.
I'm excited to see what kind of player we have in 3 years with Fischer. His frame screams he's not done growing yet either. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up 6'5 215+lbs like his dad.

Buchinger already looks better than Tucker and Perunovich for different reasons but yeah I agree he might be ready in another year.

I thought Dvorsky started to look better the last few shifts, but agree the AHL will be good for him.

Speaking of possible 2Cs I really didn't like Buchnevich at C last night. I know its 1st game but man I'd like another option and let him play wing. I'd give Holloway reps there but he seems exclusively wing in camp so far.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I'm excited to see what kind of player we have in 3 years with Fischer. His frame screams he's not done growing yet either. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up 6'5 215+lbs like his dad.

Buchinger already looks better than Tucker and Perunovich for different reasons but yeah I agree he might be ready in another year.

I thought Dvorsky started to look better the last few shifts, but agree the AHL will be good for him.

Speaking of possible 2Cs I really didn't like Buchnevich at C last night. I know its 1st game but man I'd like another option and let him play wing. I'd give Holloway reps there but he seems exclusively wing in camp so far.
For some reason my brain keeps confusing Jiri Fischer with Jiri Hudler thinking his dad was a forward.

Guenther's skating wasn't good enough to get back on that one. I kid!

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
Ugly ugly hockey so far these first 2 games.

I'm still confused by these lines, especially having Laferierre on the top line. Any of Holloway, Roberstsson, Pekarcik, hell even Jecho would make way more sense. I want to see Dvorsky with skilled players.

Not trying to complain, just not a fan aside from the Mrsic line who barely sees the ice it feels like

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Ugly ugly hockey so far these first 2 games.

I'm still confused by these lines, especially having Laferierre on the top line. Any of Holloway, Roberstsson, Pekarcik, hell even Jecho would make way more sense. I want to see Dvorsky with skilled players.

Not trying to complain, just not a fan aside from the Mrsic line who barely sees the ice it feels like
I'm not really going to be invested until about 4 games in when the lineups are getting more than 5 NHL players

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
How shocking. Surely it’s not because we’re only dressing 3 NHL forwards and 2 d-men.

Oh I agree we are not dressing a ton of NHL talent but also makes me think that with a ton of new parts it might take awhile for that chemistry to form. I wonder if the plan is to start cuts a little early so we can get more preseason games with NHL caliber players to build that chemistry before the games that matter start.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
I'm not really going to be invested until about 4 games in when the lineups are getting more than 5 NHL players
Totally understand that.

At the same time is it putting Dvorsky in a position to succeed stapling a career ahler to his wing? Every preseason game is a showcase for these guys and means everything to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad