GDT: Preseason Game 2: Red Wings vs chicago 9/27/24 7:00 pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
He was good against adults last preseason.

He was solid in the dot tonight. Hard to do a lot with that Czarnik clone Snively out there. Snivley must never see the big club this year.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Christien

May 1, 2010
I really need someone to explain Danielson being our most prized prospect. I’ve only seen him look good playing against kids in the WHL. Playing with adults he’s a non factor.
Did you not watch him play last preseason? Also, a lot of people were raving about his most recent prospect's tournament in TC, saying he looked NHL-ready.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal

Or he can just not drop gloves. Learn from Kronwall. Leave bodies in your wake and smile at them when they lose their shit.

Chia runs around and gets himself into more trouble than he solves by running around. Maatta plays within himself. Positionally Olli is much more sound.

I don't hate Chia. I hate his deployment.
If Maata is on a first line in the NHL, the team is definitely not one competing. It’s a team that’s just starting a rebuild. He is nowhere near a top 4 D in this league on a good team.

Chiarot was arguably one of the best D on the team down the stretch for this team to finish out the year. He’s the guy come playoffs who will shine when the games become more physical.

If you look at the division, most of the teams have a professional face puncher on the team. I rather not have Mo fight or be involved in getting his face punched for not wanting to drop the gloves (which in reality the type of player he is, he will be dropping the gloves…)

But by the looks of it we will have to agree to disagree. I just really think Chiarot is one of the least appreciated players on the team because of a few too many bad plays, which more often then not are with bad players on the ice and him trying to force something out of nothing. Wait until this team makes the playoffs this year or is a least in the hunt again and then tell me Ollie freaking Maata should be on the first line with Mo Seider over Chiarot…..

Again the only potential player suited to be a #2 that’s on this current roster is Ed. Nobody else should qualify for this position and the fact that we are debating it shows how this team still has a while to go before being a contender again.

Reactions: deca guard

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That's the one thing about Chiarot, he's just wild. Pinches in some bad spots, luckily it's against nothing amazing but do that against a NHL lineup and Mo is eating a 2on1. It's why shockingly Dekeyser was ok because he knew to just play simple with Mo.

Chiarot trys to pull more weight than he should. Just be a rock.

This has always been his problem as a Wing. He thinks he is a legit top flight defender and that he should be doing heavy lifting when he has the physical/stay at home skill level to be a #5-6 defender. Last season and the year before he almost never passes the puck to Seider unless he is hemmed in and has to get rid of the puck quickly. If he has time he doesn't even look to Seider at all, or better known as the actual skill guy on the pair.

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad