GDT: Preseason Game 2: Red Wings vs chicago 9/27/24 7:00 pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Two apples for spacegoat.

maybe he'll have a career year

unfortunately that might be 16 goals and 34 points

If Copp goes for 40 and Compher for 50 points this season do they both stop getting the hate that is justified for others?

if Copp tops his best year by 15%, at age 30? I guess so, sure

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Super early eye test that means nothing right now. But I'd say Kasper looks better than Danny boy at the moment.

Would love to see them both get a look with real NHL linemates.

Reactions: Konnan511

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I would love to hear any reports on William Wallinder and how he's looking in this game/camp?
He’s one of the guys I wanted to keep an eye on tonight, along with Tuomisto on D. Both have played pretty well. Wallinder has created 2-3 chances by jumping into the play. Something they wanna see more of this year. He had one miscommunication moment early in the 2nd, but they got away with it.

He’s smooth, has a long reach and reads the ice really well. Just needs to keep getting experience and maturing. Takes big dmen a couple years, and this is a big year for him. If it all goes as planned, he should be fighting for a spot next year. He and Tuomisto are gonna be expected to lead that blue line in GR this year. Whether he or Tuomisto would be their first call-up, think they’ll play that one by ear. Wallinder has more offensive abilities, but Tuomisto is probably a little more NHL ready, to play solid defensive shifts.

He’s played well these first 2 periods though. He’s stood out, if we’re comparing all the young Dmen in this game, between the 2 teams. That includes Korchinski. One thing I was interested in, was how the coaching staff sees and plays him. With the opportunities and ice time they’re giving him, I’d say they’re pretty happy with how he’s played. They are giving him opportunities in all situations, which is a big deal. It means the staff expects a lot from him this year.

Overall, bottom line, like all big dmen, they take time. He’s about right where you’d expect from a player drafted where he was, at his size. Same with Tuomisto. Both are close to knocking on the NHL door.

I just still have a pretty big suspicion, Wallinder is going to be used in a rather big trade later this year, or next summer.

We’ll see.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Ammo, got either shoot that quickly or pass it over, don't have all day. He did look dangerous on that last shift though.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Playing a way better game than Wednesday. Solid effort.

I still don’t get the Danielson hype though. Kasper looks much more ready to go.
Danielson has higher potential. Kasper was ready to go last season, but they keep him away. Edvinsson should play entire last season and Kasper couple of games.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
If Copp goes for 40 and Compher for 50 points this season do they both stop getting the hate that is justified for others?
Has Compher gotten a lot of hate? I haven't really noticed that. He's lived up to his contract and role so far.

Copp, on the other hand, has received a lot of criticism true. But given his salary relative to his performance, that hasn't exactly been undeserved. So if he does actually play up to it this season, yes I would imagine it would reduce the criticism. That's exactly what happened with Chiarot.

Reactions: Hughes Hefner

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
He’s one of the guys I wanted to keep an eye on tonight, along with Tuomisto on D. Both have played pretty well. Wallinder has created 2-3 chances by jumping into the play. Something they wanna see more of this year. He had one miscommunication moment early in the 2nd, but they got away with it.

He’s smooth, has a long reach and reads the ice really well. Just needs to keep getting experience and maturing. Takes big dmen a couple years, and this is a big year for him. If it all goes as planned, he should be fighting for a spot next year. He and Tuomisto are gonna be expected to lead that blue line in GR this year. Whether he or Tuomisto would be their first call-up, think they’ll play that one by ear. Wallinder has more offensive abilities, but Tuomisto is probably a little more NHL ready, to play solid defensive shifts.

He’s played well these first 2 periods though. He’s stood out, if we’re comparing all the young Dmen in this game, between the 2 teams. That includes Korchinski. One thing I was interested in, was how the coaching staff sees and plays him. With the opportunities and ice time they’re giving him, I’d say they’re pretty happy with how he’s played. They are giving him opportunities in all situations, which is a big deal. It means the staff expects a lot from him this year.

Overall, bottom line, like all big dmen, they take time. He’s about right where you’d expect from a player drafted where he was, at his size. Same with Tuomisto. Both are close to knocking on the NHL door.

I just still have a pretty big suspicion, Wallinder is going to be used in a rather big trade later this year, or next summer.

We’ll see.

Thanks for the write-up! I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this year with an opportunity for an expanded role.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
I don’t know if I was just much more engaged for the first preseason game, but this one seemed so… meh. Nobody really impressed. Nobody really disappointed.

Reactions: RRhoads

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I think Kasper and Berg should make the roster (though hope to see more preseason action with Kasper).

I really need someone to explain Danielson being our most prized prospect. I’ve only seen him look good playing against kids in the WHL. Playing with adults he’s a non factor.

I don’t know if I was just much more engaged for the first preseason game, but this one seemed so… meh. Nobody really impressed. Nobody really disappointed.
I think that’s the best we could hope for with that lineup on the ice. Minus Tarasenko, these were all 3rd/4th liners mixed with AHLers and we still were in charge the entire game. I actually think we played much more of a sound game than Wednesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad