GDT: Preseason game #2 Habs vs Devils 7PM ET RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Marc Denis mentionned coaches don't focus on special teams early in pre-season, it comes after. We are defending way better than last year 5 on 5, I think the focus is right there.

Matheson said in an interview on French radio that the team has spoken about the defensive scheme, leading us to believe they're also not crazy about the man-to-man defense. And so far after 2 preseason games, it looks like MSL listened to his players and possibly his coaches who believe a zone defense is more effective.

Caufield and Suzuki were just testing some weird shit tonight.

A lot of people want CC to be bumper, but the bumper has puck retrieval duties and CC is not that guy. If they're bent on having Laine of the first PP, idk what they will do with Caufield.

Newhook was real good in the bumper position last season. But if there are two waves, Newhook is one one, someone else needs to be on the other.

Reactions: MarkJ

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
1727229260975.png

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Missed the game, but the two I would’ve liked to see were Mailloux and Reinbacher. How did they look? Seems like Logan is getting a long look.
They both looked OK. But I missed a few seconds of the game because of an interruption and apparently Mailloux f***ed up bad, but I’m not quite sure what happened.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Matheson said in an interview on French radio that the team has spoken about the defensive scheme, leading us to believe they're also not crazy about the man-to-man defense. And so far after 2 preseason games, it looks like MSL listened to his players and possibly his coaches who believe a zone defense is more effective.
Whatever they did, they are letting in less high danger chances. Compared to last year pre-season games, they pretty much swapped the high danger chances for and against stats.

Also, no Allen.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing

Newhook was real good in the bumper position last season. But if there are two waves, Newhook is one one, someone else needs to be on the other.
I don't think they changed their d-zone system, the problem with their defence the past few years was mainly their rush defence. They were bottom 3 in the league, I'm pretty sure Savard was the worst rush defender in the league for the past 3 years.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think Hayes stand a chance to start the season in Laval instead of Trois-Rivières.

Wotherspoon-Mailloux
Engstrom-Reinbacher
Trudeau-Jacobs/Hayes

Unless Reinbacher steal Struble spot.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
It’s training camp and preseason , it’s supposed to be awful.

Every year it’s the same thing…vets give 60% and timing is as sharp as a butter knife, chemistry is in a coma…like literally every year
Pre season games are meaningless for vets other than to work on 1 or 2 things.. gloried shinny, revenue grab.. but it's fun, way better than scrimmage red v white..

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Mailloux is the only player to play both games. Montreal obviously wanted to give him a long look.

He's not going to start in Montreal. I'd keep everyone from last night's team except Mailloux.

Simoneau
Mesar
Farrell
F. Xhekaj
Mailloux
Trudeau
Hayes (D)

Should all be cut.

Beck, Heineman, Davidson, Kapanen, Tuch, Roy, Condotta & ABB upfront. Reinbacher, Engstrom, Hutson and all 4 goalies should continue with the camp (obviously players on NHL contracts, too).

glad to see the Markovsnee report is back !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad