GDT: Preseason game #2 Habs vs Devils 7PM ET RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the hate this guy gets. He's a real good player. He might not come in gangbusters and it might take some time to get acclimated, but he will get going.
Not hating on the guy. He’s an excellent player but he’s not a true PP QB. He’s much better suited to focus his efforts 5v5.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I'd be lying if I said our powerplay wasn't concerning. We're already like 0 for 10 on the PP including multiple 5 on 3s lol.
They weren't really trying, also the positions of some guys on it was kinda weird.

And Hutson brings more energy when he's there

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I don't get the hate this guy gets. He's a real good player. He might not come in gangbusters and it might take some time to get acclimated, but he will get going.
He’s sloppy on the PP. He single-handedly ruined our 5-3 by fumbling the puck on the blue line. He’s a great offensive defenseman. He’s fast, has good offensive instincts and has a great shot. He’s just not sharp enough to run a #1PP. I know he’ll get the spot, and that’s fine but Hutson’s looked much superior.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I am sure st Louis told the top line go have a good skate but nobody gets hurt RIGHT
Let the AHL guys have their game after the game it's time to start the trim down and back to the AHL

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'm talking about Mesar (which was who the poster I replied to was talking about). I wasn't talking about Matheson. :laugh:

Edit: I just realized I was replying to the wrong message. :laugh:
Wow, that's not how I read that exchange, at all.

Alright then, carry on.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'd be lying if I said our powerplay wasn't concerning. We're already like 0 for 10 on the PP including multiple 5 on 3s lol.

Marc Denis mentionned coaches don't focus on special teams early in pre-season, it comes after. We are defending way better than last year 5 on 5, I think the focus is right there.

Caufield and Suzuki were just testing some weird shit tonight.

A lot of people want CC to be bumper, but the bumper has puck retrieval duties and CC is not that guy. If they're bent on having Laine of the first PP, idk what they will do with Caufield.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I get it, he's a turnover machine and takes wild decisions on the blue line. Plus he rarely passes to the right side.

That said, he brings transition, he brings offense, he she best skater on the team. He's here for the time being, and not going anywhere.

Huston was in college last year, people need to chill. He'll be good, let's give it time. We're not winning the cup this year either way.

Matheson will be phased out progressively. There is no one Pejorative Slured enough on the Habs side to think playing Matheson 28 minutes per night in every possible situations is a winning strategy. The kids still needs to steal his ice time, because that's how it work.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I only watched the 3rd period, but from what I saw Reinbacher is just so….vanilla. Not much there. Seems to be playing very timid.

Thought Mesar was noticeable in the 3rd as well, made several good plays.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It was no where near as good as it was towards the end of last season with Newhook in the bumper position.
Slaf didn't seem to get any touches at all,

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
VideoProject2-ezgif.com-crop.gif

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Missed the game, but the two I would’ve liked to see were Mailloux and Reinbacher. How did they look? Seems like Logan is getting a long look.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Yesterday’s game was a lot more entertaining, tonight really felt like an early preseason game (and that’s fine).

Still nice to see the Habs get two shutouts in 24 hours (of course they had poor competition).

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad