GDT: Preseason Game 2: Devils @ Canadiens - 7 P.M.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
Thought he was fine tonight except for the mistake, but yeah, it's his first game after all with an AHL lineup. It is what it is, rust is expected. He's a second year player. He's got loads of potential and will be great, but he'll make mistakes as he learns.

Still looked like he knew where to go with the play but struggled to make it happen, which is why I leaned rust.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well, when arguably your best offensive player on paper is a guy on a PTO, this wasn’t unexpected.

There were a couple chances their goalie got straight up lucky too. But yeah, didn't really generate much. It's interesting to watch these guys. One thing that stood out to me with this squad was just how poor the shot choices were by most of them.

Taking 8 penalties certainly doesn't help with that lol.

I'd use that as an excuse but the other team dealt with it too.

Reactions: My3Sons

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I had Casey ahead of Nemec in my final 2022 rankings, and tonight did nothing to dissuade me of that opinion. That's not a knock on Nemec, but Casey is going to be a special player IMO.

Kid really played great in both ends. Responsbile, physical game. Great neutral zone gaps, some excellent head man passes and plays from the point.

Whenever he was on the ice I felt comfortable nothing bad was gonna happen.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I had Casey ahead of Nemec in my final 2022 rankings, and tonight did nothing to dissuade me of that opinion. That's not a knock on Nemec, but Casey is going to be a special player IMO.

Kid really played great in both ends. Responsbile, physical game. Great neutral zone gaps, some excellent head man passes and plays from the point.

I still lean Nemec overall, but man do I love Casey. We're so lucky to have those 2 guys, from the same draft nonetheless. Future is bright!

1727228307036.png

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
There were a couple chances their goalie got straight up lucky too. But yeah, didn't really generate much. It's interesting to watch these guys. One thing that stood out to me with this squad was just how poor the shot choices were by most of them.

I'd use that as an excuse but the other team dealt with it too.
As to the Comets players, how many times in the last 2 seasons have I posted they can't score, miss the net, flub soft shots on net, are slow, very poor shot selection, and all this with s**t centers. Last night all I read was how bad Schmelzer was. How many would guess he was THE TEAM'S TOP POINT GETTER?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Habs fan coming in peace.... don't get tooo down on yourselves about this anemic massacre tonight!

The silver lining is, 76% of teams post WWII who start the pre-season 0-2 end up making the SC final! *

*nhl.com/records/qft

Uh, we are not down. Our 4th line forwards were the only NHL forwards we iced lol. And 2, maybe 3 NHL Dmen as a result of injuries.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
My feeling on this one is the same as after the first game. Given what happened last season, I could not care less about the preseason results this year if you paid me. The preseason is beyond meaningless.

Reactions: Devs3cups

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Nemec shmemec. Where did you have him compared to Hutson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad