GDT: Preseason Game 2: Devils @ Canadiens - 7 P.M.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Anyone joining this site for the first time ever on this GDT would be out of here so fast. Anyone have the facetiousness meter for today's GDT?

9d082463d326b0a6779019a508fcbaa2.gif

Is Jack and Meier gunna play ever

Probably tomorrow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think preseason football is way better due the roster sizes being so massive, hockey teams have 90-95% their rosters set already if not the whole team
I guess if you get into the whole roster spots #40-53 numbers game it's got some intrigue but for every Victor Cruz there's a thousand guys you won't remember in two weeks. Even the NHL All-Star game resembles hockey more than preseason football resembles actual professional football (especially since teams started doing more controlled scrimmages during the week and getting their planned work in then) - there's no game plan, no fancy plays and no chemistry...basically every game is a boring 13-9 field goal bonanza unless some fourth-string QB gets on a heater.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly for a preseason, given who is out injured, that's not the worst D I have ever seen.

That is, however, the single worst forward group I have ever laid eyes upon in any context. Jesus, f***ing CHRIST
Not only that but the regulars are playing tomorrow - both because it's a home game and because it's their last game before the trip. I didn't figure on most of them to play all three games in four days so the schedule 'worked out' from that aspect.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Its my Birthday today and am going out so I was worried I would be missing a good lineup.

NOPE lmao thank you Devils for accommodating my day
At my age a birthday is - "Congratulations for making it through another year!!!!!!!!

For you - "Happy Birthday!" Enjoy your evening out. Be sensible.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is basically the lineup you get when they do those two games in one day schedule only the second local game is tomorrow instead of today.

We always skipped the AHL Montreal game

devilsfan950003

Jul 3, 2023
Might have to watch this to see future God Emperor of Montreal Lane Hutson in action.
When the Devils drafted Seamus Casey in the second round, Hutson was still on the board. Some announcers suggested they should have chosen Hutson instead. They commented that Casey was only an inch taller than Hutson. Whenever I hear Hutson, I immediately think of Casey.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's gonna be such a bummer when MacDermid plays every other game (or more) and in place of someone who we least expect lol. In spite of the fact that we've had a real 4th line through camp and the two games so far, while he's on a line with guys who won't be on the NHL team on opening night.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad