Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 2: 9/24 - New York Islanders @ New York Rangers - 7pm ET , MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Carrick is only marginally better than Kevin Rooney, he doesn’t need to be an every game forward here just because he plays center.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
They're clearly trying to bring the guy into the lineup sloooowly but if it was me I would have already whined my way to the Buffalo Sabres
I don’t get how he didn’t request a trade years ago after they opted to essentially ice 5D in playoff games over using Jones. Or after they used Harpur over him for half a season. Or Trouba missing an ankle chunk

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Didn't see the game but caught a few of the highlights.

Jones 2nd goal was a ripper.

Lindgren got f***ing smoked. Props for taking on a much bigger guy but let Rempe or Harpur handle that one.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Those bottom lines im really into seeing.
I get this is the time to experiment
BUT
Leshitshow betw Ed + Rem
is a waste

I keep watching if Berard can prove he can = another Marty St. Lous, b'c at 5'9 that is what it would take.
Instead of disciplined production, we get disappointment

Oth has a future [at this pt] but also = fail w/stupid play

And wtf not playing KK???????????
Cuylle - Chytil - KK needs to be a thing

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Trouba was absolutely atrocious tonight much like the Florida series. I counted three turnovers in quick succession in the d-zone in one shift. He better play well to start the season otherwise the boo birds will get to him.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Carrick is only marginally better than Kevin Rooney, he doesn’t need to be an every game forward here just because he plays center.

that depends on whether or not you have legitimate alternatives. obviously he's not exactly irreplaceable....but you need someone who can be reliable defensively and at least competent at the dot. it's certainly possible there's players capable of meeting that pretty low bar...but i'm not sure the prospective depth chart offers realistic alternatives, and unless he's a catastrophe, i'm not sure how open to exploring those they'll be.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Its weird. When he was in the lineup last year nobody seemed to care that he wasn’t on PP2 despite there being zero other remotely decent options. To me his point presence is so aggressively good it’s impossible to not see

The guy who kept Jones from being a regular in our lineup last year was Erik Gustafsson and without looking I'd guess he got more power play time than Trouba did. Erik has been something of a point producer and second option power play with two or three teams in his NHL career.

Reactions: trilobyte

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Also I had no idea Panarin got hurt. I thought Lavy sent him to the showers after Panarin’s turnover and pinch/lack of hustle on the back check led to the Isles first goal.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think we have several very good 3rd and 4th line options or more than maybe we can fit and too many means someone gets traded or goes to Hartford. No reason to disparage any of them though. If we look at Bonino and Pitlick from last year they're all much better than those two.

Edstrom and Rempe are both very good. Between someone like Carrick that would be about as nasty a line as we could put together and Carrick would probably take some of the pressure off of Rempe because he'll go with anybody. Brodzinki's a heads up player and a for real pro who you can spot in and out of the lineup or if he's down in the AHL he'll be the Pack's leader playing in all situations. Vesey is another real pro and a very good checking line player. I think one of them is going to get cut unless we go with 14 forwards or someone gets injured. My guess is the odd man out would be Brodzinski. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a trade right before camp breaks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad