Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 2: 9/24 - New York Islanders @ New York Rangers - 7pm ET , MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
i'm telling y'all, edstrom is not making the team. there's no way 2 rookies are playing on the 4th line, and kakko isn't sitting.

vesey carrick rempe is your 4th line

Reactions: Shadowtron

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
As much as they were obsessing over Rempe, Edstrom came to work and should start the season on the big club.

Hope everyone is healthy, luckily this team has depth. If Lindgren is out a few weeks, Mancini has a chance to force their hand and someone can move to the offside (or maybe he can).

Veterans looked like veterans. Berard and Othmann showed flashes (more Berard) but both need more seasoning (and can definitely have a cup of coffee if needed).

Harpur and Ruewedhel looked like traffic cones.

Reactions: bhamill

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
i'm telling y'all, edstrom is not making the team. there's no way 2 rookies are playing on the 4th line, and kakko isn't sitting.

vesey carrick rempe is your 4th line
The 4th line is the ONLY line you’d have a chance to see two rookies on one line. Hahaha. It will happen. Not everyday, but Vesey , Rempe and Edstrom will rotate in and out of the lineup. I’d say by the New Year Jimmy sits more than the other two.
If I’m wrong feel free to remind me of this.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not two points but the result has to have annoyed all of Islanders nation.

Lucked out on the Chytil hit I think. Filip keeps getting clobbered with hits he doesn't see coming. He didn't see Rodrigues. He didn't see Fast and he didn't see this one either. I don't know if some of this is just bad luck but........

Next to Lindgren---he's a shit fighter and he was well overmatched against Mayfield who is a lot bigger and a decent fighter. I like the compete and the anger he plays with but I don't think he's going to have a very long career. Maybe 5 more years. Maybe not even that.

So the better stuff. I think if Edstrom keeps his play up he's making the team and he's not like some green rookie. 4 years in the SHL where he was groomed as a checking line forward. He has size, speed and very good fundamentals. That's all you need to be an NHL player. Rempe's making the team but Edstrom is a better all around player. We can move Brodzinski or Vesey if we need to.

Jones with a big two goal night too. Nice set ups for both goals on good plays by Edstrom for the first and Trouba for the second.

Over in Islanders land some have probably ground their teeth so hard after this one they'll need to call the dentist in the morning.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
And we still probably won't see Jones getting serious pp2 time this year. You know cause Trouba has a bomb from the point lol
Its weird. When he was in the lineup last year nobody seemed to care that he wasn’t on PP2 despite there being zero other remotely decent options. To me his point presence is so aggressively good it’s impossible to not see

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Edstrom should have been given more of a leash in the NHL last year, and he looks better now. The only justification for not starting the season with him on the roster is that having vets is more important than winning hockey games.

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Its weird. When he was in the lineup last year nobody seemed to care that he wasn’t on PP2 despite there being zero other remotely decent options. To me his point presence is so aggressively good it’s impossible to not see
They're clearly trying to bring the guy into the lineup sloooowly but if it was me I would have already whined my way to the Buffalo Sabres

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Been calling it since he got in the lineup (which unfortunately hasn't been often enough) that he should qb the 2nd pp unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad