GDT: Preseason Game 2: 9/24 - New York Islanders @ New York Rangers - 7pm ET , MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
NYI_1819_WB_EventPageBanners_910x350_NYR-df67215b21-900x346.jpg

LET'S GO RANGERS

LINEUP WILL BE POSTED ONCE ANNOUNCED

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A lot depends on lineups in preseason. I do expect that since it's in MSG the Rangers lineup will be a bit stronger than the first game.

Some of the younger guys who didn't play the other night---Rempe, Edstrom, Berard, Jones. Probably see Bowey and Erne tonight too. Harpur and Ruhwedel I would guess. It wouldn't shock me if Mancini or Othmann played again. Probably see Carrick and Reilly Smith. Maybe Roobroeck and BMB.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
1 1/2 NHL lines in Boston. It will probably be 2 or 2 1/2 tonight.

Got to remember that coaches don’t make their final start of the season roster decisions based on 100% on what happens in these preseason games (but some fans think it’s the case). Some prospects will get more games some less but these games are probably only about 1/3 of the final “grade”.

Reactions: bhamill

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
1 1/2 NHL lines in Boston. It will probably be 2 or 2 1/2 tonight.

Got to remember that coaches don’t make their final start of the season roster decisions based on 100% on what happens in these preseason games (but some fans think it’s the case). Some prospects will get more games some less but these games are probably only about 1/3 of the final “grade”.

this is exactly right....but there's something beautiful in the irony on display by people who draw unimpeachable. hyperbolic conclusions on players based on a preseason game, given the only conclusion they're drawing is how little they know about hockey. there's just something special about those people you can't help but appreciate, even if they'll draw some conclusions that make your brain hurt.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
this is exactly right....but there's something beautiful in the irony on display by people who draw unimpeachable. hyperbolic conclusions on players based on a preseason game, given the only conclusion they're drawing is how little they know about hockey. there's just something special about those people you can't help but appreciate, even if they'll draw some conclusions that make your brain hurt.

I agree. It's easy to overreact to the moment but a hockey season is a marathon and even bad mistakes made by a player during the regular season to some degree have to be set aside as long as they don't recur and recur because there's a big picture to be made out of numerous small pictures. Guys who have been in the league for a while will eventually decline but until that happens they're the guys who have been through the wars and the young guys to make it should have to force their way into the picture which usually isn't easy. There doesn't seem to be a lot of openings now but at the same time there are some vets who could be moved out perhaps to other teams if a young guy really looks like he belongs but deciding someone does after one preseason game is not the way it goes.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
A lot depends on lineups in preseason. I do expect that since it's in MSG the Rangers lineup will be a bit stronger than the first game.

Some of the younger guys who didn't play the other night---Rempe, Edstrom, Berard, Jones. Probably see Bowey and Erne tonight too. Harpur and Ruhwedel I would guess. It wouldn't shock me if Mancini or Othmann played again. Probably see Carrick and Reilly Smith. Maybe Roobroeck and BMB.
If Edstrom Roobroeck Rempe all play that should be the 4th line.

Reactions: bhamill

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Excited to see Lindgren and Fox water skiing and jogging up the ice tonight. Hopefully no one turns Lindy into roadkill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad