GDT: Preseason game 1: Sharks vs. Golden Knights 5pm Streamed on sharks.nhl.com

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
Oh man. Who knew whole NHL careers are made or broken in one preseason game? Maybe we can just let the preseason play out before we completely write off Musty? It was always a stretch for him to be NHL ready this season, if he ends up going back to junior it just means he’s about where he’s been projected to be for his development.

For me nothing has changed. Still an exciting prospect, still someone who looks like a future contributor, still has stuff to work on.
Who's writing him off? He didn't look ready. He should get one more chance to impress hopefully in one of the last three preseason games after all the riff raff (vanroboys, et al) is sent down. If he does, then one more after that. If not, then back to juniors and we'll see you at age 20, ready for the pro game.

I think the overarching feeling is a bit of disappointment (or at least it was for me). I wanted to see him take over the game last night, or at least make a clear positive impact. It just didn't happen and he made some poor defensive plays that yelled out "not ready yet". I had fantasies (i guess perhaps thats what they are) of musty making the team alongside smith and celly and the three them being among the top rookies in the league and really filling out the top 9. So watching him struggle was a bit of a pin prick to that balloon. No books closed on this season just yet, but last night didnt help the cause.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
When the guy followed up with a now deleted by mods post overtly stating the accusation in a non sarcastic tone it was not a joke.

With that said there are many people who are over reacting to a single game where Musty was not playing with skilled players.

Musty has to hit his offensive ceiling to even make the NHL because he had no “B” game. I think he is either out of the league or a PPG wing. I don’t see many other alternatives for him.
You cannot infer the tone of a post and that kind of presumption is indicative of someone looking to get upset about something. I would recommend asking for clarification if you have any doubt about the poster’s intent instead of going on the attack. Most of us assumed it was a joke, but if you aren’t sure, you can either ignore it, or ask.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
The criticism for Musty in here is way over the top. His two veteran linemates were just as bad as he was and he was starting in the D zone for basically every shift he was out there.

If being in the NHL is what is best for his development he should be in the NHL, even if he is setting the world on fire.

Who's writing him off? He didn't look ready. He should get one more chance to impress hopefully in one of the last three preseason games after all the riff raff (vanroboys, et al) is sent down. If he does, then one more after that. If not, then back to juniors and we'll see you at age 20, ready for the pro game.

I think the overarching feeling is a bit of disappointment (or at least it was for me). I wanted to see him take over the game last night, or at least make a clear positive impact. It just didn't happen and he made some poor defensive plays that yelled out "not ready yet". I had fantasies (i guess perhaps thats what they are) of musty making the team alongside smith and celly and the three them being among the top rookies in the league and really filling out the top 9. So watching him struggle was a bit of a pin prick to that balloon. No books closed on this season just yet, but last night didnt help the cause.
Yes your fantasies that the worst team in the cap era would magically be competing this season without adding any massive impact players was exactly that.

Reactions: coooldude

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Musty is never going to shine next to Sturm and Dellandrea. He needs to play with top 6 players to shine. During preseason they should try Musty next to Smith and Zetterlund or next to Celebrini and Toffoli. I think he would make those lines click even better in the O zone.

Reactions: Bizz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad