GDT: Preseason Game #1 Blues vs Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm very surprised they only sent 1 defensemen that is possibility NHL caliber to Dallas. Feel like Parayko, Faulk, or Kessel should have gone

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
With Alexandrov it isn't even that he didn't do anything, im highly unimpressed with his compete level.

If I were the Blues I'd just send him packing. His development just completely stagnated over the last year and has actually regressed.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Not a very good game for us. There were several guys I was hoping would look hungrier. I didn't like the look of the swedes at all. Too prone to turn the puck over, wanted to carry it into trouble for both. Young guys made young guy mistakes. Josephs looked alright at times, so that is good. They are NHLers. But for the first game with a line up with a lot of youth, it's to be expected. On to the next one.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Few thoughts from the game...

1. Bolduc looks ready for the NHL. I'd be happier if he played on the 3rd line this season than to be sent down to the AHL. Given the lack of starpower on this roster, this team needs as much talent as it can get in the top 9, and he can contribute on the second power play unit. Another year in the AHL would provide him diminishing returns at this point.

2. Mathieu Joseph has a lot of energy, but he seems more like a 4th liner. Texier should be given a strong look for a 3rd line role instead.

3. Dean looks more comfortable playing against men than last year. I can see him playing 1 more season in the AHL.

4. Tyler Tucker is still my least favorite player in this organization. He took another completely unnecessary penalty tonight. I'm hoping he's played his last regular season game in a Blues uniform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad