GDT: Preseason Game #1 Blues vs Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I think Buch?

POJ looks good. Tho, i want to see how he is playing later in the Preseason
We're so starved for good defensive play that I think we're going to be surprised how much of an improvement to will have guys like Suter and Joseph added to the mix.

Who’s Johansson and where did he come from?
Signed from the SHL this offseason along with Syvlegard.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
I really liked Will McIssac. Played strong, stood up at the line, wasn't afraid to be physical and made a couple nice tape to tape passes. Looked like someone older than 18 which is a great thing.

POJ was very solid. Perunovich is really going to have to bring it to make this team.

I love Bolduc, I've made that clear a few times. He's going to be a player for a long time.

Kapanen, who wasn't very impressive to me, is going to have to bring it as well just to be an extra.

Neighbours looks faster to me.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
1st period down. A bit sloppy all around. Good to see the fight from guys with the scrums. I have not thought anyone stood out who we don't already know will make the team. Stancl had some pesky defending which was nice. I wasn't impressed with Johannesson like others. Not unimpressed but looked like just a guy to me.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
1st period down. A bit sloppy all around. Good to see the fight from guys with the scrums. I have not thought anyone stood out who we don't already know will make the team. Stancl had some pesky defending which was nice. I wasn't impressed with Johannesson like others. Not unimpressed but looked like just a guy to me.
He reminds me a lot of Nils Lundqvist actually, who is having trouble sticking. It would be great if he just turns out to be a depth 8/9 type guy.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I'm glad Binnington is out of there. I didn't like how much the D was allowing the Stars to collapse down near our net.

Excellent save by Ellis on the Stankoven breakaway!

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Might just be imagining it, but Tucker looks to have added some speed over the summer.
Still not a great skater, but he doesn't look 3 steps behind like he did last year.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
PO Joseph looks like he's laboring out there this period.

Quinton Burns probably shouldn't fight. Every time I see him drop them between juniors, the prospect tournament, and now this game, he gets pumped. Though he started getting fed punches before he knew he was in a fight here.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
PO Joseph looks like he's laboring out there this period.

Quinton Burns probably shouldn't fight. Every time I see him drop them between juniors, the prospect tournament, and now this game, he gets pumped. Though he started getting fed punches before he knew he was in a fight here.
I'd love to see some TOI stats.
POJ is probably well over 10 minutes already.
Agreed that he's starting to look gassed. But that is a LOT more TOI than he's used to getting.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I've liked McIsaac and Mayich among the D tonight. Bolduc looks good. Haven't liked Alexandrov. Nobody else stands out (from what I would have expected), although I admittedly was watching Mizzou game on big screen and Blues on laptop during 1st.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I've liked McIsaac and Mayich among the D tonight. Bolduc looks good. Haven't liked Alexandrov. Nobody else stands out (from what I would have expected), although I admittedly was watching Mizzou game on big screen and Blues on laptop during 1st.

Really? I saw McIssac and Mayich both have to pick their jockstrap off the ice after biting hard on a halfhearted deke. Our goalies are keeping this close. Our D is bad. They are young, so not holding it against them. But I'm not seeing much from them at this point.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
That period was flat ugly.

Ellis looked great. He's so aggressive in net, he continues to remind me of Binnington's career arc. Seems to have flipped the switch since about half way through last season.

ExtraExtra888

Jul 10, 2023
On the defense I've liked Mayich. He seems like a smart player with an active stick. On offense it's not great. It's pretty bad when the player I noticed the most is Hugh Mcging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad