GDT: Preseason Game 06 - Winnipeg Jets @ Calgary Flames - Friday, October 4th, 2024 - 8:00pm CDT - TSN3 - Power 97

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
hope demelo is okay, I think salo deserves to start with the team and it's funny you can copy and paste some of the comments from last preseason in this thread...

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
You know the game is bad when even Sawyer was calling out how bad the Jets looked. Flames in that 3rd looked like the Avs in the playoffs. 2nd line was bad, top line worse. All of Scheifele, Vlad, Perfetti and Ehlers have had a pretty bad camp.

Helle was really good and made some tough saves.
Only blessing of that period. 37 was a rock.

Needed that after getting shellacked by Wild and looking pretty shaky on Wednesday.

Reactions: surixon and rehf

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Villardi's preseason is a microcosm of his career.

Three games, first one he was invisible, second one he was unbelievable and tonight he was back to the invisible man.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's still preseason so not reading munch into it but the coaching staff has some stuff to work on.

PK looks a lot more aggressive and I thought limited the looks to distance for the most part.

1st pp unit was back to being too static. Second unit was looking much better imo.

Breakouts need a lot more work and our d need to move the puck quicker.

Thought second line looked much better but I greatly question if Name will be able to provide enough offensively. He should have done better with the three really good looks he had.

Third line scored but weren't as tidy in their end. I expect that to get cleaned up.

4th line did well

1st line looked like what they did most of last year. They can score on their looks but give up too much.

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
makes sense that the team just wanted the game to be over with.. I'm not reading into that third period too much.. Foot came off the gas going into the third with a 2 goal lead in a preseason game.. nothing we haven't seen before

37 was great, both shots he let in were not his fault in the slightest. Nothing he could've done on either of those.

DD was back on the ice and looked fine when they were bumping fists which is a miracle.

Pionk was horrible, Miller was great for the most part, Morrissey had some beautiful passes

I'm optimistic, idc :sarcasm:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I have no issues with regular season Helle he will get the job done, the forward group on a whole is pretty good will score goals. PK and PP is unknown. The weak link is the D maybe Heinola or Stanley can help but either way it will be a problem.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad