GDT: Preseason Game 06 - Winnipeg Jets @ Calgary Flames - Friday, October 4th, 2024 - 8:00pm CDT - TSN3 - Power 97

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I think it's interesting that JAD, who has similar point totals to Kupari in his NHL career (more goals though), would be thought of as an offensive catalyst over Appleton. The numbers are in Apples favour in that regard. I think organizationally you are probably satisfied with that line winning matchups but there are a number of players who could slot into a more offensive looking 4th line, especially Lambert over Kupari, to change the look of the team to a more balanced attack. Nino is the one player I wonder if he doesn't get moved around a bit, because he looks like he could have a nice season after a strong preseason.
We are clearly not talking about like things:). My perspective is that we should be looking to adjust Lowry`s line by finding him wingers that will fit directly into the current defensive line play-style, while simultaneously bringing more offensive scoring consistency (more balance) to the line. I believe one has to look at specific player attributes, strengths and weakness`s, to begin such a search - certainly not just career point totals. I suggested, based upon an admittedly very brief opportunity, that JAD seemed to make the line function better, with some chemistry with Lowry, and speculated that
the coach`s may have taken note.

There is not a great deal of difference between Appleton and JAD in terms of attributes and both seem capable of complementing Lowry`s preferred play in the offensive zone. Seems to me that JAD shows better instincts than Appleton when it comes to play without the puck and freeing himself from checkers.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think the surprise was how well JAD played with and complemented Lowry/Neidereitter in his chances there. I wonder if they might want to try him as an upgrade to Appleton in an effort to increase the line `s offensive punch?
Please go and compare JAD and Apples offensive stats at both the AHL and NHL levels and tell my why you'd think he'd be an offensive upgrade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad