GDT: Preseason Game 05 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't know if the Jets will want to waive Lundmark. He might not be quite ready, but he looks like he could develop in a real steady RHD with some size. It would be a shame to risk losing him on waivers.

Just keep 8 dmen for now. Waive Coughlan who looks pretty useless to me and keep Salomonsson and Lundmark to start the year.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
How many big guns do you think the Jets send to Calgary, who get to dictate the matchups? And will have a more physical lineup. Do you risk injury to any of the top players? Does Lambert get a chance between Ehlers and Perfetti?
Id expect the season opening lineup to be honest. I don't really think anyone busted down the door in pre season.

I don't know if the Jets will want to waive Lundmark. He might not be quite ready, but he looks like he could develop in a real steady RHD with some size. It would be a shame to risk losing him on waivers.
I thought he has been extremely steady all preseason. He hasn't made any big mistakes and seems pretty calm and composed. His exit plays were strong a well.

I could see them cutting coglan and I don't think there's any way Salo can or should stay up.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Why they still use Connor as 1st line player? He's elite tier pp player, but not a good 5on5 player due his pathetic D-zone effort level.

Just let him be Ovechkin-lite and score 40 goals in second line and 1st pp. Jets will lose way more games of he's on the ice against other teams best.

Perhaps he won't suck against Anaheim's best line, but against top 15 teams, he's bad.

I like his Vilardi. What a gem.
That's ridiculous

Reactions: Jets 31

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Id expect the season opening lineup to be honest. I don't really think anyone busted down the door in pre season.

I thought he has been extremely steady all preseason. He hasn't made any big mistakes and seems pretty calm and composed. His exit plays were strong a well.

I could see them cutting coglan and I don't think there's any way Salo can or should stay up.

That is my expectation as well. They will dress the starting squad minus any vet who may request it off for any reason.

Reactions: Buffdog

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Another “Jets douse Flames” headline in the FP sports this a.m. How many times have they used a variation on that theme over the years? 10? 20?
Not much originality in sports journalism that’s for sure.

Reactions: jungles

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Some quick thoughts from being at the game

Villardi is a beast and needs to stay healthy. He was way too good for most of the Flames roster last night

Lambert started slowly but once he got going he was a difference maker got rewarded with a nice assist on a hard working down low play. He was buzzing all over the ice in a good way. If he isn't in the lineup he has to be 1st called up.

Fleury/Coghlin. For guys who maybe have a chance at sticking around they were the worst pairing. Too slow to read the play and a mess in the D zone.

Lundmark/Salo. Lundmark was doing his best Demelo impression. Very safe steady player scored a beauty as well. Salo was good but I find he is still playing too much of a euro game but once he adjusts and plays a little more direct he is going to be a good one. I would rather these 2 stick around but I think Salo needs to play a lot but I am ok with Lundmark sticking around or at least getting another look in the last preseason game

JAD - He reminds me a bit of a better version of Kuhlman

Chibs - Played a very safe defensive game last night. When he does have the puck his skill does come out. He can pass through waivers but like Lambert he should be an easy call up this year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The only thing I worry about is him playing bumper on that second unit. I don't hate the idea of him in that spot but now the second unit lacks a qb to get him the puck there. I guess we shall see how it looks as they haven't had a game with the full second unit getting reps.

PP units will probably morph a bit. Also there will be injuries so we'll see how it all shakes out.

Reactions: surixon

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Some quick thoughts from being at the game

Villardi is a beast and needs to stay healthy. He was way too good for most of the Flames roster last night

Lambert started slowly but once he got going he was a difference maker got rewarded with a nice assist on a hard working down low play. He was buzzing all over the ice in a good way. If he isn't in the lineup he has to be 1st called up.

Fleury/Coghlin. For guys who maybe have a chance at sticking around they were the worst pairing. Too slow to read the play and a mess in the D zone.

Lundmark/Salo. Lundmark was doing his best Demelo impression. Very safe steady player scored a beauty as well. Salo was good but I find he is still playing too much of a euro game but once he adjusts and plays a little more direct he is going to be a good one. I would rather these 2 stick around but I think Salo needs to play a lot but I am ok with Lundmark sticking around or at least getting another look in the last preseason game

JAD - He reminds me a bit of a better version of Kuhlman

Chibs - Played a very safe defensive game last night. When he does have the puck his skill does come out. He can pass through waivers but like Lambert he should be an easy call up this year.
Really aligns with what I saw on the teevees too.

I'm not a Fleury superfan but I do think we need to give him a bit more time.

He hasn't played much yet and is imagine the rust is still being shaken off.

I've really liked Lundmark this camp. He knows the assignment.

It's a real challenge from a roster standpoint, might be easier to push Coghlan and Fleury through waivers, I guess it depends on who you think will clear and who you most don't want to risk losing

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Really aligns with what I saw on the teevees too.

I'm not a Fleury superfan but I do think we need to give him a bit more time.

He hasn't played much yet and is imagine the rust is still being shaken off.

I've really liked Lundmark this camp. He knows the assignment.

It's a real challenge from a roster standpoint, might be easier to push Coghlan and Fleury through waivers, I guess it depends on who you think will clear and who you most don't want to risk losing

It's why they pay Chevy thr big bucks. I can't see Coghlan getting claimed, he played 1 NHL game last year.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Fleury and Lundmark will make the team. Coghlan hasn’t shown enough and Salomonsson is waiver exempt so he will go down and play big minutes getting better acquainted to the smaller rink. Wouldn’t rule out him being called up mid year if injuries arise.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Fleury and Lundmark will make the team. Coghlan hasn’t shown enough and Salomonsson is waiver exempt so he will go down and play big minutes getting better acquainted to the smaller rink. Wouldn’t rule out him being called up mid year if injuries arise.
Lundmark was waived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad