GDT: Preseason Game 05 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I Tried 7-11 fried chicken for the first time last night...

If Kyle Connor is KFC, then 7-11 is the Nic Petan of fried chicken.

I had Such low expectations, yet somehow... I was still highly disappointed.

Should of went with the chicken wings....7-11 wings are not bad.....10 for $10

Reactions: Snot Rocket

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I didn't watch this one, listened to a bit (the Jets radio broadcast should do the TV), saving all my enthusiasm for the regular season.

I read some of the comments.

As a tuneup, any input on the special teams?

Any prospects distinguish themselves? Sounds like JAD might take Gustafsson's position and not give it back.

Defense sounds like a battle at least, Lundmark with a goal, I heard some praise for Salomonsson. I saw Fleury played the most minutes on the PK, was he a factor there?

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
A win is nice for the people at CLC, but more importantly did Lambert or Salomonsson do enough and do they play again in Calgary. If either one or both play it might be an indication that the Jets think they are ready to have a go with the big club.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
A win is nice for the people at CLC, but more importantly did Lambert or Salomonsson do enough and do they play again in Calgary. If either one or both play it might be an indication that the Jets think they are ready to have a go with the big club.
How many big guns do you think the Jets send to Calgary, who get to dictate the matchups? And will have a more physical lineup. Do you risk injury to any of the top players? Does Lambert get a chance between Ehlers and Perfetti?

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
How many big guns do you think the Jets send to Calgary, who get to dictate the matchups? And will have a more physical lineup. Do you risk injury to any of the top players? Does Lambert get a chance between Ehlers and Perfetti?
I'm sitting Fefe, KFC, Vilardi, Nik and Joshua for sure. I think Lambert, Chibby, Salo, and Lundmark all play.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Why they still use Connor as 1st line player? He's elite tier pp player, but not a good 5on5 player due his pathetic D-zone effort level.

Just let him be Ovechkin-lite and score 40 goals in second line and 1st pp. Jets will lose way more games of he's on the ice against other teams best.

Perhaps he won't suck against Anaheim's best line, but against top 15 teams, he's bad.

I like his Vilardi. What a gem.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Vilardi and Perfetti taking a step could be huge for the team.

Gabe needs to stay healthy and historically you would be unwise to take that bet. His talent is very obvious and if he’s healthy he will have a big season. Love the player not a big fan of his durability.

Perfetti will take a material step IMO. My guess is 61 points

Reactions: surixon and hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Gabe needs to stay healthy and historically you would be unwise to take that bet. His talent is very obvious and if he’s healthy he will have a big season. Love the player not a big fan of his durability.

The only thing I worry about is him playing bumper on that second unit. I don't hate the idea of him in that spot but now the second unit lacks a qb to get him the puck there. I guess we shall see how it looks as they haven't had a game with the full second unit getting reps.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't know if the Jets will want to waive Lundmark. He might not be quite ready, but he looks like he could develop in a real steady RHD with some size. It would be a shame to risk losing him on waivers.

I'd really like to keep him around. I'd even be happy to send Salomonsson to the Moose in order to ensure we don't lose Lundmark. There would be some difficult choices once Stanley and Heinola were back though.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Vilardi has to have a healthy season eventually, hopefully this is the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad