GDT: Preseason Game 05 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I tend not to make any judgments until after the first 10 games. Lot's of wierd games in the first three weeks. Get through it .500 and go from there.

This strategy has served me well the last 4 or 5 years. Literally give it 10 games before I do a summary of the season to date. As you mentioned it’s usually pretty messy so hope for .500 then build from there.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I just think Salomonsson should spend a year in the AHL. He needs NA pro experience and he needs to get acclimatized to the physical grind and number of games and travel.

No need to rush him at all.
Based on my viewing of Fleury and Coghlan, he's our best option for the bottom pairing right now

He looks better than Fleury and Coghlan tonight.
You should be terrified that your brain works like mine

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I would give Salomonsson a number of games in the regular season....

Then send him down to get a ton of ice time in the AHL...

Great league to learn the speed of the North American game as a defenseman...

We don't want him sitting in the press box fetching popcorn for Stanley...
Yeah I could see us giving him a month or two of games while we wait on Stan/Ville to get back in

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Hot take (maybe not): Chibrikov will have a better NHL career than Lambchops.
I have a theory on Lambert..

I think he knows he's on the bubble and he's putting pressure on himself. I'd even take a wild guess that it's the same sort of thing that affected him in his draft year

He looks like he's forcing things

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I have a theory on Lambert..

I think he knows he's on the bubble and he's putting pressure on himself. I'd even take a wild guess that it's the same sort of thing that affected him in his draft year

He looks like he's forcing things
Agreed. He looks like he is constantly conflicted about what he thinks the coaches want vs. what his instincts are telling him. Chib looks like he is just playing his game.

Reactions: LowLefty

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Agreed. He looks like he is constantly conflicted about what he thinks the coaches want vs. what his instincts are telling him. Chib looks like he is just playing his game.

You've got to have your identity as a player...

Chopper hasn't carved an identity yet...

Chiba is playing the way he knows works... works for me... I like his game...

Reactions: jungles

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He looks better than Fleury and Coghlan tonight.
That's fine and it may be true but that doesnt make what I wrote less correct.

Things are going to get a lot tougher than the Calgary Roughnecks and the physical and mental demands of the nhl game are a lot to get used to for a guy who played 31 games in the SEL last year.

I'm also not saying that Fleury is the answer but keep in mind he's played like 2 games and is a new dad, whereas Salomonsson has had a lot more game action already.

Last edited:

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Who's Ranger Smith?
RangerSmith.png

Reactions: Gil Fisher

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It's a big decision do you roll with the youngster and see how is goes, I think I am.
I think he should get a few games to start and see where it goes from there, wasn't he already playing 20+ mins a night against men? I think he could handle 3rd pairing mins

Reactions: bustamente

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
So, who ya'll cheering for in the World Series? I'm a Dodger fan, have been since I was a kid. It was Blue Jays in the AL and Dodgers in the NL My first hat as a youngster was a Dodgers hat.

After the Dodgers, I could go for any NL team but no other AL team. Maybe the Padres or the Brewers (after the Dodgers) as they're the oldest teams to never have won a World Series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad