GDT: Preseason Game 02 - Winnipeg Jets @ Edmonton Oilers - Sunday, September 22nd, 2024 - 5:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
They actually make a lot of money off the All Star game believe it or not.

Not everyone has the same level of distain for the brand damaging skills content that I do. Same goes for the NBA All star funky thing, and the NFL flag hula bowl, but at least that is after the regular season. The main issue I have is that they shut down the league, most of the players hate it, and yea it’s not actually hockey so there’s that.

Either way as you mentioned if they are making money we know they will whore themselves out.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I also like TC and the Young Stars game as I try to see if there are any prospects that might make a difference and make the big club. So far for this year Lambert has a chance and that's about it.
Out of training camp maybe, but injuries will happen. I think training camp is an opportunity for a lot of young players to make impressions on the coaches. Veterans on the bubble too. The callup process might be generic again, AJF, Toninato, guys who know how to play the pro game. Still think Chibrikov can play his way into the lineup. And score in the NHL. I am more optimistic about Daniel Torgersson this season. And Parker Ford. Guys that I think can fill out a lineup, chip in.

Defense, Kuzmin isn't at Heinola's level, so there is a void in puck movement. Simon Lundmark is the only prospect the Jets haven't played yet, I'd say this TC and season are the best chance he gets in his career to become a Winnipeg Jet. Or get picked up on waivers.

Personally I'd like to see the season start a week earlier. Maybe that moves training camp up a week, but I still think you need time to get into game shape with hockey.

I love the stories of Selanne showing up for TC and being in such good shape that they had to slow him down, because he was embarassing his teammates. Back in the days of smokers and and the light offseaosns of heavy drinking, getting back into shape at camp.

Reactions: bustamente

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
Have to add Kevin He has opened my eyes and many others, I knew nothing about him and watching him at the Young Stars tourney and now at camp I think we may have a solid player in the future
One thing that really stood out to me was how often he created chances off of a turnover. Seemed like every turnover that happened while he was on the ice ended up on his stick.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I think also this year getting to watch Yager, is a bit of a feel good story. After following the McGroarty saga over the summer, to get a real nice natural center prospect in return has really bolstered our pipeline, especially at center.
He definitely made a better first impression than McGroanTwitty did with Pissburgh. I was high on RM until he pulled his "play me or trade me" stunt but I am going to go out on a limb a little and say Chevy made another shrewd deal with a guy who forced his hand and we are going to love seeing Yager in a \jets uniform once he makes the club, maybe as early as some point next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad